Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: it over

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default it over

heading for the big D and don't mean Dallas!!!

Jon signing out for now!
    --

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Well thats just aweful john if it was something you did not ask for, sorry to hear bro

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Dodge State Prison in Georgia???
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Ouch, and you thought this hobby was expensive, good luck bro

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Dodge State Prison in Georgia???
    Seriously John?

Funny has 2 sides to it, especially with kids involved.

Bummer, been there twice myself Jon.

Best of luck, maybe you can "compromise".
    Last edited by pepster; 05-08-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pepster View Post
    Seriously John?

Funny has 2 sides to it, especially with kids involved.

Bummer, been there twice myself Jon.

Best of luck, maybe you can "compromise".
    Oh crap... sorry dude. I forgot about THAT big D... been there too, and it royally sucks. My apologies for my crappy attempt at humor.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Been there, Done that and Lost my T-shirt. Nobody wins, life is just different. Sometimes it's just got to be. Check in from time to time and let us know how you are doing.

OHHHH that big D. I was thinking dentist for some reason. lol Sorry to hear that. I've been there too.
    --Gary--

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Never mind.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Been there, done that, this too shall pass. Great reason to listen to music and fugidaboutit
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Sorry to hear about what you're going through! Hang in there and keep on jamming as much as possible.

Sorry for your troubles, but don't be a stranger. One of the truisms of life is time heals all wounds, or at least makes them easier to live with. Post and let us know how you're doing.

Been there before myself - twice. Though it may be painful, you'll get through it.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Member Sales Rating: (7)

You have to have humor when it comes to divorce especially when children are involved. Obviously humor with discretion but if your too too sensitive you can fall into depression.

Take care of the children and move on to better days which applies to the two of you.

Good luck and never place blame on anyone, no matter what. Take 50% responsibility for whatever and move on.

Listen to music when feeling a little down or come here for support. No matter what happens here we are really a great group of guys/gals

Been there too.Dont miss her either. Not one bit.......YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST--BUT YOU CAN CHANGE THE FUTURE :). ive been with Carla 20 years now.... Life can have its ups n downs. Hang in there....

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Sorry to hear that and prayers for you and your family.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...

Good Luck, Bro.
    I smell ass, burning ass, glowing cherry red spanked ass.

RT1

I was young when my parents split, messed me up pretty good for a while, think it has played a big part on how i act today. I wish the best of luck to you, your kids, and to a lesser extent her, hope all goes smoothly and ou can maybe turn this into a positive one day.
    HT/2channel:
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V 765
    Fronts: Polk RTiA3
    sub: Polk PSW110(will add 2x PSW 505)
    Center: CS13
    surrounds:Polk RTi4
    TV: samsung 40
    The real 2 Channel(work in progress):
    Pre:HK 3490
    Amp:Parasound 1200 MK II
    Sub:RBH 1010-SEP
    Speakers: Monitor 5 Jr. +
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

My mind is in a daze, sadness fills my heart. The days are so long that the minutes seem like hours.
    I live for my kids and the time away from them while at work
    ( which I try to do ) kills me !

12, 6 and 3 ... My middle child
    Celebrates her 7th birthday in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1redleg View Post
    My mind is in a daze, sadness fills my heart. The days are so long that the minutes seem like hours.

I was the same age as your middle girl when my parents split. I don't want to share with you how messed up things are still some 40 years later, but lets just say my dad chose a woman that hated his children's mother with every fiber of her being. I lost my father completely when that happened.

If you thought you lived for your children before this, you will need to do so even more now. Everything you say or do will be amplified a thousand-fold in the eyes and minds of a child. I truly pray for them, for you and your family going forward.

PM me... I have something to send you that might just help.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by jon1redleg View Post

It is tough, especially at first, been there more than once. Be sure to never down you wife to the kids, be the bigger person no matter what. I never would say anything bad about my ex of my first two children, a few years later they started asking me about my side. I just told them we married too young and both made mistakes. My son got pretty upset that I wouldn't say anything, I told him there was nothing good going to come from saying bad things about her. We later became good friends and I even had her and her husband spend a week at my house (I ended up with custody, and about 350 miles away from her). I introduced her husband to my friends as my husband in law.,,big laugh from all.

I said that to say this, she later died, and to this day my kids say they are so grateful for all of that. We never know what the future holds, but you WILL be happy again.

Best of luck to you, wish I could help.

I know you are lurking out there Jon... any updates you can share?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Jon, I am sorry to hear this sad news. I pray for you and your family during this time of heartache and adjustment. Hang in there!
    Carl

Twice myself too. Can't say I'm sorry as I don't know the situation, but who knows, could be a good thing. A window closes and another opens my friend.

I will tell you, the last time I was divorced I was 40. Dating sucks at 40, let me tell ya.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Hang in there buddy, you HAVE to remain positive and understand that things will get better in time. Promise.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Thread Information