Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Anyone care to take a guess at what model these speakers are??

Hello all, new to the fourms and new to the Polk world. I have own a couple of small home theather systems in the past but have really never had the interest into a good systems until a few months ago. I watch a movie on my buddy Polk system and was blown away at the sound compared to my Mickey Mouse setup...lol. i'm not looking to spend a pile of cash right away, so I've been on the hunt to piece together a used system.

Today I found a Polk system online which is about 4 hours away from me, which is not a big deal because I do have to plan a trip in that direction anyway. The guy has no idea what the model numbers are and he can't find out until next week as he is not close to the system. He did email me a couple of pictures from the front which helps me none, he did say he purchased the speakers a year ago. Are there any experts out there that can take a guess of what they might be from the pictures? Thanks in advance!Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16d,!)UE9s3wDcrkBRdLDOSJq!~~48_20.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	84999Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqFHJFYFF0iH0oSoBRdLC+6Bnw~~48_20.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	85000

Member Sales Rating: (31)

The large speakers and center appear to be white van speakers, not Polk.

The sub is probably a PSW10 and I'm unsure of the bookshelf speakers model.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Agreed with Face... those towers and the center channel are NOT Polks. If this guy is selling everything as Polk Audio, I would not waste any more time on this deal.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Definitely white van

Hmmmm, I guess that's why I couldn't find them online. I could of sworn when I blew up the picture that the symbol on the towers looked like Polk audio, but I'm not 100% sure. Any opinions on these speakers? Might be a dumb question on Polk forums...haha!

Member Sales Rating: (31)

If they're white van, they're junk.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks, that answers my question, cheers!

The bookies are RTi6's.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

I know someone who had some just like those up here in Maine. He listed them on Clist for months. Then he practically gave them away just to unload them. I just looked on WHITE CAN LIST..they were called DIGITAL AUDIO. http://www.highdefforum.com/speakers...white-van.html

Quote Originally Posted by machz9805 View Post
    Thanks, that answers my question, cheers!
    ....welcome to POLK. Ad this to your bookmarks for future reference as i did..good luck. Shop around. There are alot of good buys out there if you dont jump too quick....randy
    Randy
    HT-SDA1c Yamaha-RXV1-Denon-POA2200-HK DVD25-Cs400i-Monitor4's-Premier Acoustic150
    2ch-SDA2b-ADCOM GFA-555-565-600-555-YaQinCd2-Pioneer PL-630-AKAI GX210d
    Pioneer-SA9800-SG9800-CTF650-TXD1000-RT-909-Monitor11-Peerless
    Marantz-2252b-5025b-6300-YaQinCd1-TeacA4010s-Monitor7
    Yamaha-CR2040-Advent2-TeacA4010s-Monitor7

Yamaha-CA810-CT810----- No Speakers Yet
    Marantz SR1000-Pioneer PM120 workbench set up

Patience & Craigslist go hand in hand. There are remarkable deals for those who wait. Its awful easy to jump at a fair deal & be out of cash when a great deal comes along. Good luck & enjoy the process.

+1 for above... I scored a monitor 70 single in basically new condition for $75... I just am having hard time finding another one to make a set
    Receiver: Denon 1912
    Speakers:
    Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 70s (x2)
    Rears: Polk Audio Monitor 50 (x2)
    Center: Polk Audio Monitor 70
    KLH Sub GFX-550

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Don't do it; just wait it out and you'll find a good deal on Craigslist.

Default Found another set up and looking for opinions from the experts again.

Hi again guys, well i've been working fast piecing together a system as I seem to have the bug...haha! once I get something in my head theres no turning back. I've been buying mostly good used equipment with the exception of a couple pieces.

Here's what i've got so far:

Receiver: Onkyo HT-RC270 ( used)
    Center: CSI A6 (New)
    Fronts: Monitor 70 ser II ( slightly used)
    Sub:Klipsch ksw 10 (New)
    Bookshelfs: RTi4 (used)

I also have a chance to buy a set of Monitor 60 series II, used as well but in real nice shape. I'm totally green at putting together a system, so this is a test run to see how it goes. The receiver is a 7.2 I beleive and this is what I was thinking, the center, fronts and sub is quite clear, but what about the wides and the surround rears? Should I used the RTi4 for the rears and look for another set of bookshelfs for the wides, or buy the Monitor 60's for the rears and use the RTi4's for the wides? Would this be overkill and is my receiver even capable of running two sets of towers?

Thanks again guys!

Thread Information