Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Return of RCA Living Stereo SACDs....courtesy of Analogue Productions

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Good deal! Thanks for the heads up.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Excellent Pines/Fountains of Rome recording. Pines is one of those over-the-top classical pieces I like to crank. I've yet to hear a sound system that can do it complete justice, however. Close, but that pipe organ... I've been lucky enough to perform it twice with a really excellent pipe organ. The pipe organ at the end of this piece plays so loud yet so low that you can't really hear it, but you can certainly feel it in every bone of your body. It's amazing. Those two performances are two of the most memorable experiences in my life.

Unless you have a sub that can do 16Hz at less than -3 db... You haven't heard (or felt) Pines. Really is something you should try to experience live at least once in your life. Will blow your mind.

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII

I had already purchased many of these already. Hopefully, a new one will appear.

These recordings are interesting from an historical perspective. Apparently, in the early days of stereo, recordings were made with a left, right, and center microphone, and these recordings reflect that if played on a surround sound system. I guess the concept of three speakers in the living room was to radical for the Leave It To Beaver crowd in the 1950s.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I like the fact these are being reissued AGAIN! Originally, Classic records released them on 180 gram vinyl, limited edition and numbered. Acoustic Sounds bought Classic Records and re-released them at least twice. SACDs were released, 180 and 200 gram vinyl versions were released with sometimes questionable quality. There have also been some "Clarity" vinyl single side pressings in both 33 and 45 RPM. All the Living Stereo albums scheduled for release by Analogue systems have been released before. I would like to see some additional Living Stereo material released. I think there were about 400 or 500 releases in the '50's and '60's.

By the way I purchased a Living Stereo redbook box set of 60 CDs from an Ebay seller for about $98. These were manufactured in Europe and sounded much better than some sets that were manufactured in Korea. For about $1.50 per disc, this was a terrific bargain for some great classical music. All of the music scheduled for release by Acoustic Sounds by Analogue productions are in this set. I would highly recommend looking into this box set, No affiliation, look Here
    Carl

Thread Information