I am planning to setup a 5.1 system in my family room which has a 2 storeys ceiling, very open and has hardwood floors (will put a large area rug). Will be putting in-walls for the front and rear at 10 feet off the ground. Realize this is far from an optimal media layout but I have no alternative. My listening position is 9 feet from the front and 3 feet from the rear. Would appreciate your comments and inputs on the followings:
- How's the sound quality of Polk RC85i or the new LC65i compares to Speaker Craft MT 8" series ? I couldn't find a store to test either in my area in Houston. Any suggestion of other brands ?
- What will be a matching center ? The CSi40 vs CSi5 for the RC85i ? Do they match with Speaker Craft MT series ?
- I am planning to put the center on the TV stand below the T.V. but am concern that it will be too far apart from my LF and RF. Even though if I put it on top of the T.V., it will be about 5 to 6 feet from the front pairs. Any suggestion ?
- Any recommendation of AVR for the above ?
- My budget for the 5.1 speakers (including the sub) and receiver is below $4,000.
Any feedbacks and comments are greatly appreciated.