Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Default Mike LeKeiko at the Movies - Star Trek: Into Darkness

Name:  star-trek-into-darkness-first-poster.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  102.5 KB

AWESOME!

LeKeiko gives it 5/5. Looking forward to this one on my own polks.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I'm glad to hear this Mike, I'll be seeing it with Mark when I'm down in DC the first week of June.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

You should enjoy it, Cathy. I'm one of them diehard trekkies from the 60s and really liked it. But I think the whole Spock/Uhura thing is still a little weird.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

No Spoilers please! Looking forward to this!
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Everyone dies at the end
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

And some buildings get destroyed and Mr Spock gets his pointed ears, and the Enterprise falls from space after someone let the air out of her..
    Oh not sure if there are anymore Green women in this one..

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    You should enjoy it, Cathy. I'm one of them diehard trekkies from the 60s and really liked it. But I think the whole Spock/Uhura thing is still a little weird.
    I grew up with the original series as well, and getting a reboot left me very skeptical, but by the end of the first movie which I saw with Mark, not only had me cheering but also slightly in tears because not was it only a great movie in its own right, but it was a terrific tribute to the original series and cast! We both loved it and can't wait to see this one.

The nerds bitched about the plot, but it was and always has been about the interaction and chemistry with the characters and they nailed it with the first movie!

Yeah Spock & Uhura is a little weird but I love how Spock is getting some & Kirk isn't! LOL!
    Last edited by cfrizz; 05-17-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
    I grew up with the original series as well, and getting a reboot left me very skeptical, but by the end of the first movie which I saw with Mark, not only had me cheering but also slightly in tears because not was it only a great movie in its own right, but it was a terrific tribute to the original series and cast! We both loved it and can't wait to see this one.

The nerds bitched about the plot, but it was and always has been about the interaction and chemistry with the characters and they nailed it with the first movie!

Yeah Spock & Uhura is a little weird but I love how Spock is getting some & Kirk isn't! LOL!
    +1. Didn't know what to expect when I saw the first movie but I absolutely loved it. I was hoping that the second movie would have come out sooner but I can't wait to see it.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp: W4S MC5, Front: Polk RTIA9, Center: Polk CSIA6, Surrounds: Polk FXIA6, Sub EQ: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033C, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Couldn't agree more. This is an interesting and unexpected dimension to the reboot. But it's OK.

Also, it's GREAT to have MIKE LEKEIKO back! Love the "professional" reviews, Mike!

I'm on the road this weekend but will have some time to take this in. So I'm looking forward to a little quality nerd time. I'm also, more or less, a member of the same generation as cfrizz and Mike; grew up with the original cast, and followed through to the Next Generation, Voyager and Deep Space 9, and Enterprise. I'm a sucker for the stuff! And even spent some time in my circle being jokingly referred to as the "science officer". lol

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 05-18-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Name:  party-spock-17137.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  326.9 KB

Cathy, maybe the writers could incorporate a spin on Kirk and Sulu in this alternate reality?

Name:  sulu.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  134.7 KB

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Mike LeKeiko is back!

Short, sweet and to the point......gotta love it. That other guy was such a windbag.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Mike LeKeiko is back!

Short, sweet and to the point......gotta love it. That other guy was such a windbag.
    Holy crap... Jesse made a complete sentence!

Welcome back Mike.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

So is this series some parallel reality to the original series? You know the whole Spock / Uhura thing.
    So hot it burns twice

Quote Originally Posted by Habanero Monk View Post
    So is this series some parallel reality to the original series? You know the whole Spock / Uhura thing.
    Go crawl back into your basement nerd! Don't know and don't care about that kind of stuff, it's about the crew not what reality they come from.

Saw it last night in 3-D. Awesome. Agree that Spock/Uhura thing is a bit weird but who cares .... They brought a lot of stuff from original episodes and earlier movies into this fantastic plot. Lots of things for the geeks to argue about. Like for example, I may be wrong, but when Kirk says, "What're you doing with the Tribble?" .... I thought in the original episode, "Trouble With Tribbles", Harry Mudd, or whatever his name was, introduced them to Tribbles...., so why would Kirk know what they were in this prequel? And, Khan has an English accent. (Wasn't he in the last Sherlock Holmes movie?) I also thought the radiation twist on the third movie was a little weird, but overall totally awesome and the entire audience gave it an ovation at the end. And that Admiral's daughter....whoa baby!

In Into Darkness, they had already run into Harry Mudd... If you were paying attention, they mention him when they use the trader ship to go to the Klingon home planet.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen

Member Sales Rating: (45)

I thought it was good but by no means great.

Anybody notice the turntable in Kirk's bachelor pad? I guess vinyl lives into the future!

Kuntasensei, did they have prior experience with Tribbles before they ran into Mudd in the "Trouble With Tribbles?" That's what I was talking about. I don't remember. Good point about running into Mudd in Into Darkness, I didn't catch that. I did catch the turntable, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Swauger View Post
    Anybody notice the turntable in Kirk's bachelor pad? I guess vinyl lives into the future!
    3D printing....today. The Replicator....23rd century.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Swauger View Post
    I did indeed take notice to that. :)

I wonder if he uses Kirksaeter speakers?

The title of this thread put a very big smile on my face. Nice one, Keiko.

I heard tons of good things about this one. I am definitely looking forward to seeing this but I'll probably wind up seeing this on bloo.

Thread Information