Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default is this overboard

Hi guys,
    For some reason I still have a hard on for a pair of Vandersteen 2ci . Now the 2ci have the butyl surrounds which are way better than replaceing aging foam surrounds. When speaking to the dealer he said the stands are a must which I have heard is a necessity to get that correct height to ear ear level. Speaking of levels he asked me if I had both a torpedo line level which I do and a lazer level and do not . Here's where the question comes in does one need a lazer level to adjust a pair of speakers that are going to be 7' apart horizonitally w/ the adjusting the stands. It just seems like over kill to me.
    He also said to bi wire them and ditch the speaker selector deal.I would if and when I get the speakers that will be the end of the road for me.
    2chl- Adcom 555- Onkyo P-301 pre- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Samson PS-15 9 outlet- Niles Sp 6- 6 zone spkr selector- DCM TF 350s- ADC 303ax-KLH 331- Polk Audio '87 SDA 2Bs w/ ic cable (Dynamat extreme, black hole-5- Mills 0.5 resistor, liquid nails, RDO- 194 tweeters, Larry's rings, Armaflex gaskets, stained walnut tops )

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #500HD Speaker set- Sony ce 375 5 disc carosel cdp-

Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL J2060

Member Sales Rating: (13)

You don't need a laser, a tape measure works perfectly.

He also said to bi wire them and ditch the speaker selector deal.
    Just replace the stock jumpers with some high quality speaker cable. MIT sells an excellent set of jumpers for about $100.00. Definitely ditch the selector.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Agreed ^^

"end of the road" ?? No such thing LW.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    You don't need a laser, a tape measure works perfectly.
    Just replace the stock jumpers with some high quality speaker cable. MIT sells an excellent set of jumpers for about $100.00. Definitely ditch the selector.
    This should do it for you; Jesse scores again!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

The Vandies definitely have a sweet spot & the vertical dimension is important The difference between 32" & 48" from the floor makes an easily audible difference in quality. Also, not too close to a wall/ they need to breath some. You do need the stands. I got mine used & am very pleased. They like power - 100 watts wasn't cutting it. Hope this helps. Good luck with your choice.

Thread Information