Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Default Blue Jeans Cables Ten White

Last week I bought a pair of Blue Jean Cables Ten White speaker cables. These are their signature speaker cable constructed out of their own Belden 5T00UP 10AWG cable, and terminated with locking banana plugs that are ultra-sonically welded on; no solder to my understanding. I haven't put the cables through their aural paces yet, but the cable is solid while not being too still, and the plugs have a rediculous physical and electrical connection with the welding.

The cables are reasonably priced as it cost me about $70 for 7ft of paired cable; I picked them up from the shop so no shipping. They aren't the cheapest, but the ultra-sonically welded, locking banana plugs are worth a pretty as you will never have to worry about them, and the 10AWG wire is always good insurance against resistance.

I recommend these as a solidly built speaker cable at a solid price!

Audiophile

Name:  weldedbanana.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  32.2 KB

Member Sales Rating: (45)

I run them and love them. My top budget choice.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Great cables, but too bad they don't use copper based termination. I'd recommend either Vampire copper based spades or if you want to go all out, WBT. For those who use Speakon connections, this wire is too thick.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by PatFox View Post
    these are really fabricated with absolute price on its list. superb one to shop with style and passion
    WTF does this mean?

Audiophile

Spam...

Member Sales Rating: (0)

what's your impression comparing to other speakers cables you have tried?

Audiophile

I think they are good cables. Having owned 10AWG cables before, these are the smallest diameter jacket ones, which makes routing easier. There is nothing exotic about them, except maybe the welded connectors, but they simply seem to be every you need. Now, take this from a guy who enjoys a pair of MIT cables as well, and I do think they are worth the money as the aural gains are impressive. But, high prices and esoteric technology/designs aside, it's hard to beat these in the under $300 category.

Thanks. Is there any negative, sound wise, about them ?

Audiophile

I'll do some more listening tonight and let you know.

I have to say that I was greatly impressed by the speed of shipping, quality of product and construction of the BJC ICs I bought for my subs.
    I have bounced the idea of using all BJC ICs and speaker cables for my 2 channel system and I am going to keep a close eye on your impressions to help with that decision.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Audiophile

For speakers cables, you can't go wrong with all BJC White. They are not my preference for signal cables though. Whether RCA or XLR, I think there are best options for the price; my favorites are from DH Labs.

pepster

You should look at the Rivercables for the money.
    The Flexgy speaker cables in particular (both 6 and 8).
    Even the 6's are KILLER!
    Especially the Flexygy 8's though, really, really good bang for buck!
    Not cheap new, but can be had used on the cheap and will SMOKE most I have heard, for the money (@ the used price).
    Really an excellent speaker cable, and can pretty much beat my Nordost speaker cables!
    OUTSTANDING SC for the money!

Do a search!
    Last edited by pepster; 05-21-2013 at 09:38 PM.

pepster

I have owned both the 6 and 8's, still own the 6's, and will most likely have at least one pair of Flexgy on hand at all times.
    That said, I have owned more than my share (including the BJ 10 ga. cables), and unless you want me to go into to the next 3 pages listing all the speaker cables I have owned, I suggest you look for a used pair of the Flexygy.

Easy Google Search!
    Last edited by pepster; 05-21-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Audiophile

Without doing some serious A/B testing of wire and connectors (it does make a difference), there is nothing about the sound of the BJC White Ten that I don't like. As was stated previous, I wish the banana plugs were pure copper, silver plated copper, or silver plated junk brass, but other than being a little more "pretty", I think they are a good value for the price, and as much as 90% of audio consumers need.

I can't find anything wrong with them either.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Audiophile

And as a side note, the BJC shop was a messy disaster when I went there!

Those Rivercables look really nice, may have to try a set
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I'm looking on their speaker cable page and don't see how to order cables terminated with the locking banana plugs? I see the regular bananas listed, but not the locking. In fact on their website it even says that the locking plugs are attached using screws, I'm confused.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Yes, you use the two screws on the body to attach the bananas yourself. I don't see a "welded" option for them.

Name:  lockingbananas.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  20.9 KB

Audiophile

I was confused too until I called them. If you're ordering the finished speaker cables with banana plugs, locking and welded are standard. If you just order bulk banana plugs, they will have screw terminations for doing it yourself. It's not very well outlined...

The DIY connectors that they sell are (obviously) not sonically welded.

However, if you buy a pre-made cable (select a cable length and connector type on the order form) they are sonically welded.

Thread Information