Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Pio SC-05 will it drive LSi's?

I know its not "listed" as being able to drive 4 ohm loads, but IIRC mantis ran some 4 ohm speakers off either the SC-05 or SC-07. To you LSi owners would you run your LSi setup off the SC-05 or not? Looking at the one in the misc deals if its still around but ONLY want to get it if I can then sell my Carver 5 channel (to re-coup the cost and simply my setup).

Thanks in advance.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Yes, I've ran some lsi 9's and 7's off my sc-07. I'd add a amp later down the road. Did he respond yet?

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    Yes, I've ran some lsi 9's and 7's off my sc-07. I'd add a amp later down the road. Did he respond yet?
    Not yet. Well I would prefer to not have to add an amp, especially since I have one now and would more than likely sell it to come up with the funds... I would eventually be running my LSi 15's off their own amp so it would just need to handle the LSiC and F/X's for now (with another set of 7's as surrounds maybe in the future)

If I would have to have a dedicated amp channel per speaker then I might just pass for now. I want to try to get things as simplified as I can with my next AVR purchase (hence liking the SC 65 and SC 67, but they are MUCH MORE than 300)

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Can you......and should you are two different things. For the LSI 15's to sound their best, then you should have an amp on them. If simple is the goal, the A7's and that receiver with a good sub would keep anyone happy for a long time.

I started with 2 LSi9's and a H/K 3490 reciever. It was not enough power. Bought an Adcom GFA-5400 amp and used the H/K 3490as a pre-amp. Still not enough power. I am happy with my HT for now...Time to get back in my hole.
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Can you......and should you are two different things. For the LSI 15's to sound their best, then you should have an amp on them. If simple is the goal, the A7's and that receiver with a good sub would keep anyone happy for a long time.
    The 15's would have a Carver M1.0t on them eventually (it needs some work done on it currently) so they wouldnt be driven off of it so it would be just the sides and surrounds off this amp.

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Are you going to use it in 5 or 7 ch? if only in 5, you can take the back 2 channels and biamp the lsi

Quote Originally Posted by erniejade View Post
    Are you going to use it in 5 or 7 ch? if only in 5, you can take the back 2 channels and biamp the lsi
    Well its kinda a moot point as the unit in question currently is going to Pitdogg2 unless he passes and if its a legit deal then he wont lol. Should he pass on it I will be all over this baby.

Eventually I will get me a Pio SC model in the next year or so (I can be patient), but more than likely it will be one of the newer models as unless a steal of a deal comes along I would like to get one with the options of heights or wides so a 9.1 setup or 9.2. Either way I will more than likely keep the Carver M1.0t on my LSi 15's as their simply is no substitute for 500 wpc for each speaker no matter how many channels of the SC you hook up to it lol.

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (41)

I'll be traveling thru Indy and down to Orlando stopping in Knoxville and Atlanta. If you see anything along that route let me know and I'll pick it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    I'll be traveling thru Indy and down to Orlando stopping in Knoxville and Atlanta. If you see anything along that route let me know and I'll pick it up for you.
    Will do! Thanks!

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information