Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Any John Fogerty fans?

I just put in my pre-order with Amazon for this title being released on 5/28. Rolling Stone gave it a 5 star review. I wish they would also review the sound quality also, because it doesn't matter how good the music is if the recording sucks. Keeping my fingers crossed it won't be compressed to pain.

http://www.amazon.com/Wrote-Song-Eve...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Big time fan here!! John Fogerty is one of my musical heroes... I hope the sound quality is good on the new recording as well...

Attachment 85596
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Have not heard the new one yet but Center Field, Eye Of The Zombie, Blue Moon Swamp, and Revival, are phenomenal, did not care for Deja Vu, or The Blu Riders, you will have to report back and tell us your opinion on this, his latest release. I forgot there is a live one and his guitar playing on that is great.

Just saw him this past week on the Tim McGraw special, playing with Tim, Keith Urban and they sounded pretty good
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Looks like the majority of the songs are CCR tunes done as duets/with other bands, some really big names there. This might be interesting, if like you say, the sound quality is good. I've read the other singers/bands joined him in "various studios" so I'm wondering how consistent the sq is. Crossing my fingers as well. Could you come back and give us a review after you get your pre-order BF?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

As interesting as this sounds, I'm sticking with my SACD box set originals.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/13...id_Stereo_SACD

The guy absolutely rocks in concert.

I see that it's John's birthday today, Happy Birthday John!

I saw John Fogarty way back in Jacksonville when I got tickets from a label rep who I'm friends with to this day. It was just incredible. Pretty much it was a Fogarty/Creedance concert that left me speechless. I love his music but I was not prepared for how good he was live. Some bands suck live, others sound much better and he is one of the better live bands even if he's "solo".

Amazing. Thanks for sharing that, I might pick it up too. Let us know how it turns out!

Polk Audio SDA CRS+ (4.1TL by Trey, Larry's Rings)-
    SDA SRS2-Parasound HCA1500ax2/1000
    Yamaha xa1000-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround back
    NHTsuper1's surround
    Nad2700-sub, AdcomGFA-555 -Magnepan SMG
    Parasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
    Marantz 2230/B&Kst140- outdoor B&W/Bose/Parasound/KefC75/c40/Polksub
    Technics 1200mk2
    Gamertag: IslandBerserker
    I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe

The guy absolutely rocks in concert.
    I agree, he puts on a great show.I saw him a couple years ago.
    When he comes around again I will be going.
    One of my favorites is,Long road home.

Dan

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Awesome musician! Been a fan for years.

'Blue Moon Swamp' is very worthwhile to check out.

--Gary--

So I am wondering why I have not received a notice from Amazon that it has been shipped, and I see it is still in my queue. I just checked out and it will be here on 5/30, in time for a good Friday night evaluation.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    I just put in my pre-order with Amazon for this title being released on 5/28. Rolling Stone gave it a 5 star review. I wish they would also review the sound quality also, because it doesn't matter how good the music is if the recording sucks. Keeping my fingers crossed it won't be compressed to pain.

http://www.amazon.com/Wrote-Song-Eve...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    Just ordered it, hope it is as good as it sounds.

[QUOTE=halo71;1924518]Awesome musician! Been a fan for years.

'Blue Moon Swamp' is very worthwhile to check out.

+1....
    It also features on of my favorite drummers, Kenny Aronoff ( old John Cougar)
    Polk SDA 1.2 TL
    Infinity SSW-210
    Integra DTR 7.1
    Pioneer SC-57 Elite
    Sony X777ES
    Sansui BA-5000
    Hafler XL 600's in mono w/ George Kay Audio Tube upgrades
    Hafler xl 600 stock
    Krell FPB 600
    Avel 1000VA Dreadnought

No thanks, John is a legend and he does not need guest artists ruining the classics, come on John, Kid Rock Really? I will stay true to CCR, and his solo stuff with the exception of Deja Vu & the new Blue Ridge Riders, looks like John might be cashing it in and counting on his faithful fans. He does put on a good show.

Member Sales Rating: (55)

The man has got some fantastic two and three minute songs down through the years. Foot tappers all.

What he did to his brother, and the rest of CCR at the induction into the R&RHoF is unforgiveable. Shame on him. His brother and the rest of the band were at the ceremony. What they didn't know was that CCR was scheduled to play at the ceremony, but that they would not be part of the show. Fogerty got up on stage with Springsteen and others, while the real musicians sat in the audience and watched. Probably in shock, horror, and total embarrassment.
    Last edited by George Grand; 05-28-2013 at 10:12 PM.

My copy arrived today, and it is in the cardboard CD jacket versus the crappy plastic holder. So, that is a good thing. I am going to load it on my music server tonight and play it back tomorrow night. Friday is serious evaluation night.

Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    The man has got some fantastic two and three minute songs down through the years. Foot tappers all.

What he did to his brother, and the rest of CCR at the induction into the R&RHoF is unforgiveable. Shame on him. His brother and the rest of the band were at the ceremony. What they didn't know was that CCR was scheduled to play at the ceremony, but that they would not be part of the show. Fogerty got up on stage with Springsteen and others, while the real musicians sat in the audience and watched. Probably in shock, horror, and total embarrassment.
    I didn't know this. Wonder what the source of all the discord is? I know that the drummer (can't think of his name right now), still tours with a band that covers all the CCR stuff.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Well, I am disappointed. It doesn't equal, or surpass, my feelings for the originals in terms of 'rockness'. Even "Fortunate Son" is compressed enough to be noticed.

On the other hand, the songs with other artists are well done for that genre. It's just that those genres aren't rock.

Member Sales Rating: (55)

Quote Originally Posted by drumminman View Post
    I didn't know this. Wonder what the source of all the discord is? I know that the drummer (can't think of his name right now), still tours with a band that covers all the CCR stuff.
    Doug Clifford. Terrible drummer, or not very technical, depending on how charitable you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Well, I am disappointed. It doesn't equal, or surpass, my feelings for the originals in terms of 'rockness'. Even "Fortunate Son" is compressed enough to be noticed.

On the other hand, the songs with other artists are well done for that genre. It's just that those genres aren't rock.
    Sorry to hear about your disappointment BF, but thanks for your thoughts and, in effect, taking the bullet for some of us who may have been on the precipice of making a purchase, much appreciated...

Thread Information