Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Default Nils Lofgren - Acoustic Live

I'm surprised there isn't already a related thread here, but this album is a must-have in a reference library. I didn't even know who he was 3 weeks ago, discovered him by accident and have to say he really seems to be an under-rated musician, superb guitar player and a great songwriter as well.

This is the first album I've bought of his, and at least on this album the recording quality is also incredible. I'd say the recording quality alone makes this worthy of a blind buy, the fact that I also really like the music itself is a huge bonus. I don't like every song, but like most of them and really enjoy the album overall.

Over my past 15 years or so in my audio journey I can think of a handful of memorable moments that really stand out (the first Polks I heard were my intro to hifi, the first time I heard the B&W Nautilus at Hilcrest HiFi, the first time I heard line arrays at Russ's place, etc). I had another one of those moments today with a couple tracks on this album, and it was on my own rig!

It's hard to go wrong for $10 on Amazon, check it out
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (0)

He is a member of Neil Young's backing band, Crazyhorse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Horse_(band)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Nils played lots of dates in Baltimore from the 70's on.Been to a couple dozen shows and proposed to my wife at one of his shows as a matter of fact back in 89.
    He is a true guitar aficianado.Not just a guitar player.
    Damn nice guy too.
    And the Neil Young gig was short,he went on to form Grin (White Lies) then solo,now continues 25+ years with the E St Band.

The best Neil and Nils output IMO, was After The Gold Rush, and Tonight's The Night, I had the pleasure of seeing them together on the Trans tour while l was in Germany, where both artists are very popular. Another good Nils besides the one you just got is The Loner where he does Neil songs. Acoustic Live is excellent well worth the $10 spent enjoy.
    Last edited by gudnoyez; 05-25-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Wow...just ordered. Right up my alley. Thanks for the heads up.

Member Sales Rating: (47)

'Be sure to checkout ("Keith dont go)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Didn't Nils also do a stint in Foreigner?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Nah guess I'm wrong on that one.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Foreigner seems to be one of those bands that is really a cover act of itself. I just googled them, they are currently still a touring act, but there is only one original band member left. But the list of former members is 30 people!

Sorry for crapping your thread with nonsense about Foreigner. Nils Logren rocks!

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Quote Originally Posted by george daniel View Post
    'Be sure to checkout ("Keith dont go)
    Yep, that's the reason I bought the album but some other good stuff on there as well.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Nils Live Album is one of my favorites.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

It's been Raining this whole weekend cold cant do any outdoor stuff, just watched this on you tube sounded pretty good through the HT. I think its pretty good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLfvxWYcMo

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Be sure to pick up his self titled CD. One of my all time favorites...it rocks!
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Thread Information