Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Polk Monitor 75t's or Rti A5's?

The 75t's are $200-300 less for the pair. Has anyone listened to both? I don't really know much about speakers so reading the specs hasn't really been informative for me. Can anyone help me understand which would be a better buy? It seems like the 75t's might be a good value buy. I will be pairing a sub with either pair so bass won't be a problem. Also would this http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR717...e-out+receiver receiver work for either pair? Thanks guys!!

Your speaker choices are 2 really different speakers. We really don't know what your priority is, music or HT. In my opinion that makes a world of difference. The first thing is these speakers sound very different from each other. So if your mainle looking for a speaker for music, I would probably choose the 75t. If your going for a mainly HT application, then the A5 paired with a decent sub would be my choice. I'm sure ther will be other suggestions, but that is simply my opinion.

The 75t's would be better speakers in a 2 channel application than the A5's. The A5's have a little trouble with the 50 Hz and lower ranges, but the sub will compensate fot that. The do have great mid-range imaging, which works well with HT. The 75T's have those woofers, makeing them a 3 way speaker, the A5 is a 2 way, so they have better imaging in the lower ranges. My system is geared towards HT, so I went with the A5's.

The AVR your looking at will power either set. If you're running a 5.1 configuration, you'll probably be getting about 90 wpc from it. More power won't hurt either choice. Not sure if that reciever has pre-outs or not. I would highly recomend that option. You may be able to go up the Onkyo food chain a little on a factory refurb for about the same price.

Good call thanks for the response..do the A5s still sound good with music? I will b using for HT mainly with music only occasionally.

For mainly HT then go with the A5's they sound good in 2 channel mode running a sub for the lower end. I got A5's and they excel in HT. Spend the extra money go with the RTIA series.

The A5's do a decent job for music, but are mainly designed for HT. I think you will probably work well for what you're looking for

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    For mainly HT then go with the A5's they sound good in 2 channel mode running a sub for the lower end. I got A5's and they excel in HT. Spend the extra money go with the RTIA series.
    Same boat. I use them in my HT rig which i also play music with. The dont sound bad at all for music. Like what has been mentioned a few times a good sub is key to making these guys shine in both HT and music applications
    HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

I have an Onkyo TXNR809 that I used to power a 5.1 system with and it had no issues power wise and sound great. My front R&L are 2.3's. Center is cs400 and RT10's for rears. I think I've seen it for around 6 bills on Amazon. Good luck

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

How about these seemingly NEW upgrades to the TSI series (TSx550T towers)? Anyone heard these, that sneaky Polk Audio. I also see they're selling Polk soundbars at Walmart, of all places!

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/tsx550t

Looks like they may have the lower hand in bass over previous models and the Rti-A5s!

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 06-20-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    How about these seemingly NEW upgrades to the TSI series (TSx550T towers)? Anyone heard these, that sneaky Polk Audio. I also see they're selling Polk soundbars at Walmart, of all places!

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/tsx550t

Looks like they may have the lower hand in bass over previous models and the Rti-A5s!

cnh
    Yea they would probably have better low end than the RTi A5's but a comparison to the RTi A7's would be a more fair comparison in price, and capability since they some what have the same lay out. They probably make for a better music setup while the RTi A7's shine in HT.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II

Thread Information