Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Visaton grand orgue in a stereo/ht set up

http://www.visaton.com/en/bauvorschlaege/breitband/grandorgue/ is it a bad idea to use this sub on my HT

According to the site you posted, this isn't a sub but a full range speaker.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

But if u read carefully they say it can be used as a sub in a ht. Just want your opinion.

I read the whole article. It said that it can be used in home theater as it can go as low as 20hz.

Personally, instead of getting a full range speaker and trying to use it for something it is not specifically designed for, you should look into the better names in HT subs.
    SVS, HSU Research, Velodyne, JL Audio, etc.

TLDR: Get a sub for sub duty not a full range speaker that can reproduce low bass.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

this is a DiY sub they mentioned that u don't have to put the mid drivers only put 8 woofers. It seems fun to build such a piece. Bt it have to get the job done. I wish I can speak 2 someone who own this piece

On the velodyne which one u think its the beast

If you are simply looking for a DIY project subwoofer, there are MUCH better designs and options.
    Here is an assortment of oh...a ton of possible options that are known performers: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1104368/ma...oofer-projects

As for pre-built subs, it really is a preference thing. I like Velodyne but they aren't my first choice. I would look at Hsu or SVS first and pretty much anything from them is worth the price of admission.

Thread Information