Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Default CRS+ with original stands?

Are these the original polk stands or aftermarket?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/ele/3831423069.html

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Not original stands. At least, not original stands that I've ever seen.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (1)

after market all the way

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Nothing wrong with after market stands for your CRS+'s

Name:  IMG_1380.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  393.5 KB
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    Nothing wrong with after market stands for your CRS+'s
    you are correct just clearing up they are not the original design. by the way yours are a "better" original design ...lucky sucker

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Thanks, what are CRS+'s worth these days?

I am so thankful that Larry made me a pair of these stands. My only problem with them is that they're so nice, the stands are more noticeable than the speakers I re-veneered!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

I am so thankful that Larry made me a pair of these stands. My only problem with them is that they're so nice, the stands are more noticeable than the speakers I re-veneered!
    LOL, I am sure someone would be glad to take the stands off your hands so your speakers are the focus
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Never going to happen!

You could just drape a throw blanket over the stands to hide their awesomeness from others .... just kidding
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Depends on how bad the damage is to those cabs. I think in current condition I'd offer $200 and see what happens. I wouldn't give $260 for a pair in that shape.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by dpowell View Post
    Are these the original polk stands or aftermarket?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/ele/3831423069.html
    Somethings not right with the cabinets. The one on the left looks almost swollen, like there was water damage.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ished...Almost
    Center: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, H-Nuts, BH5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Don't settle on the cabinets! The cabinet is the most important part. Almost everything else is replaceable.

Don't settle on the cabinets! The cabinet is the most important part. Almost everything else is replaceable.
    For sure, go over them with a fine tooth comb. Make sure they're solid
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ished...Almost
    Center: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, H-Nuts, BH5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Passive radiator should be in top shape as well, they can be hard to track down.

Quote Originally Posted by westmassguy View Post
    Somethings not right with the cabinets. The one on the left looks almost swollen, like there was water damage.
    Just looked at the photos. I see what you're talking about, but I don't think they look swollen, I think it's just water staining. Those cabinets do look serviceable to my eyes, assuming you'd be looking to go all out and do a veneer job on them.

But I'd try to talk the price down, $260 is high. I sold my original CRS+'s for $200 back in 2005, and they were in better condition than these.

I'd try offering $150, cash and carry, and see if he bites. I wouldn't go much higher though, CRS+'s come up fairly regularly, and you can find pairs in better shape than these. First thing I'd try as a negotiation tactic is to pass on the stands. I don't like those stands at all. Too wobbly for CRS+'s, they will tip over fairly easily.

Make sure you see them in person, though. Pictures can be deceiving, you'll definitely want to inspect the cabinets and passive radiators before you commit.

These are nice, but wrong side of the country for you. Pricey though:

http://frederick.craigslist.org/ele/3826178000.html

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I was thinking of selling my pair at some point for $800.00. Custom cherry veneer, Tony's boards, Sonicaps, Mills, upgraded to 4.1TL's (with RD0198-1's of course), Larry's rings with 8 bolts on the PR's, Cardas posts, comes with the AI-1, original stands with 22 lbs. of lead shot per stand and custom spikes. All of it in absolute mint condition and no extra charge for my dingus rubs.

Pricey?
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    I was thinking of selling my pair at some point for $800.00. Custom cherry veneer, Tony's boards, Sonicaps, Mills, upgraded to 4.1TL's (with RD0198-1's of course), Larry's rings with 8 bolts on the PR's, Cardas posts, comes with the AI-1, original stands with 22 lbs. of lead shot per stand and custom spikes. All of it in absolute mint condition and no extra charge for my dingus rubs.

Pricey?
    Not if someone knows what they are buying. The tweeters, sonicaps, boards, and rings alone are worth over $500.

Plus, when I sold my original stands I got over $100 for them, can't remember exactly what I sold them for. So to me, it sounds like you're selling the cherry veneered cabinets, the four drivers, the inductors, and the AI-1 for under $200. Oh, and all the work is DONE! Pricey? Hardly. More like a bargain. And if I didn't already have mine done, I'd be buying yours.

On the subject of CRS+ prices, I have a mint pair of CRS+, walnut finish without stands but with factory IC cable. What should I expect to be able to get for them.
    SDA 2BTL Sonicaps Mills resistors RDO-198s New gaskets H-nuts Erse inductors Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Adcom GTP-450 preamp
    Adcom GFA-555 amp Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    SDA CRS+ Hidden away in the closet

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan View Post
    On the subject of CRS+ prices, I have a mint pair of CRS+, walnut finish without stands but with factory IC cable. What should I expect to be able to get for them.
    I'd give you two bones today for them, if you're looking for a quick sale!

I couldn't sell my pair for two bones for months so I decided to keep it. :)

Boston A400,VR950, DefTech BP10,, Klipsch Forte,KSP-400,KSF-C5,RF3,RC3.
    JBL L20t,L80t3, EPI 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,7C, KEF Coda III, Yamaha NS-690, Genesis 3+.
    SUB:Deftech PF15TL+, DCM TB1010, Velodyne VA08BVX10. Pre: HK AP2500. Amps: BB175, Adcom GFA-535,555II, Rotel RB-990BX.

I still can't believe you couldn't sell your pair. What are they smoking out there in Colorado?

Member Sales Rating: (49)

I still can't believe you couldn't sell your pair. What are they smoking out there in Colorado?
    They are doing this in Colorado..

http://www.cheebachews.com/
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

And that's just for breakfast.

What would it cost to pack and ship to Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    I couldn't sell my pair for two bones for months so I decided to keep it. :)

Plus, when I sold my original stands I got over $100 for them, can't remember exactly what I sold them for. So to me, it sounds like you're selling the cherry veneered cabinets, the four drivers, the inductors, and the AI-1 for under $200. Oh, and all the work is DONE! Pricey? Hardly. More like a bargain. And if I didn't already have mine done, I'd be buying yours.
    You sold them to me Neil $120 + $40 to ship them, worth every penny thanks to Larry for making your custom made ones freeing yours up. If I bought F1's with his stands I could sell my 2 pair of CRS+'s and my original stands. Is F1 still selling his and where does he live?

No that is a good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post

Pricey?

I still noticed the speakers 1st they are beautiful

Thread Information