Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Need cable/stereo rack suggestions.

Currently in decent sized living room with a high slanted ceiling- speakers are probably 10 feet apart or so.

Speakers: B&w CM8s
    Amp: Marantz PM6004 (Just got it- after much debate)
    DAC: Hegel HD2
    CDP: Older Rotel model DVD player...don't know if I'm going to keep it setup so I don't NEED space for it in my rack/table.
    Interconnects: Have decent ones ($40 for 3? feet) forgot the brand- they are in my trunk- currently using Radio Shack ones...
    Speaker Cable: Just crappy best buy, or radio shack stuff...I really need decent looking/sounding cables and no more of this bare wire crap- might be into bi-wiring.

So I need suggestions for speaker cables, and a rack of some sort to put this stuff on...right now it's sitting on an Ikea lack table, it looks cheap.

A budget would help as there are some very nice options out there but also some very expensive ones.
    Same goes for both the speaker cable and the stand/rack.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

As cheap as possible, but still a good match with what I've already spent. Cables lets say under $150 stand under $110- I don't care if it's small I just need two shelves and a decent look, also needs to be wide enough to hold the Marantz.

I've got a trio of Belkin PureAV speaker cables well under that budget. PM me if interested. I also have some MIT ExP-3 IC's I'm ready to move along for cheap if you're interested in those.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Look up VTI Audio Racks. Cheap yet quite nice.

Forget my cables Corie. You need to grab those PNF Audio cables in the FM.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Believe it or not, Walmart has some pretty nice looking/inexpensive equipment racks lately. Might want to check them out.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Quote Originally Posted by c_corie View Post
    As cheap as possible, but still a good match with what I've already spent. Cables lets say under $150 stand under $110- I don't care if it's small I just need two shelves and a decent look, also needs to be wide enough to hold the Marantz.
    A decent stand under $110.00 is a challenge. I've learned the lesson over the years that its better to spend a little more on quality from the start versus buying too cheap then needing to upgrade too soon after. If you can increase your budget somewhat, the Sanus Euro 3-shelf unit is $199.97, and Salamander Archetype 3-shelf flexy rack is $169.00, both in black finish. Both are good, sturdy units, and the prices are about right for the quality. I have not seen anything cheaper that is as good, although there could be something somehere that I missed. The middle shelf height of the Archetype is infinitely adjustable, and so can accommodate any height equipment as you change components.

Sanus Euro rack

Salamander Archetype flexy rack
    Last edited by Glen B; 05-31-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Main system: Denon DP-59L | Audio-Technica AT33EV | Marantz Reference Series SA-11S2 | Classé CP-50, modified | Classé CA-300, modified | Classé DR-10, modified | Classé RC-1 | PSB Stratus Gold i's | DIY Balanced AC Power Conditioner with surge/spike suppression | Acoustic Zen and NeoTech cables | Oyaide and Furutech AC power connectors and receptacles | Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuses | Dedicated 20A IG AC line

The Sanus AFA 4-shelf rack is available at One Call and several other places for $149.00.

Sanus AFA 4 @ One Call
    Main system: Denon DP-59L | Audio-Technica AT33EV | Marantz Reference Series SA-11S2 | Classé CP-50, modified | Classé CA-300, modified | Classé DR-10, modified | Classé RC-1 | PSB Stratus Gold i's | DIY Balanced AC Power Conditioner with surge/spike suppression | Acoustic Zen and NeoTech cables | Oyaide and Furutech AC power connectors and receptacles | Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuses | Dedicated 20A IG AC line

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Thread Information