Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Default Your favorite DSD recordings

So with the Oppo 105 now in the mix I've been looking at getting into DSD. I've downloaded a handful of free tracks, but am looking for input on tracks or album to purchase. Do you guys have any favorites?
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I knew you'd jump on the bandwagon. You just had to get that Oppo first. How's the system playing out for you?
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

I've got it pretty much dialed in at this point. I'm still sorta hunting for a tube preamp but not fully engaged, I'm really happy with the current rig.

One of my Fav's is SRV-Texas Flood...may not be your thing but I am a blues guy.

So are you using network, USB, or ????

FYI if you do screen shots post them on the forum for others

Thanks Danny as always

--Ron
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Hello and good morning to you. Are you looking more for a stellar SACD recording, a great musical album that's offered on SACD or something more along the lines of the best of both? My apologies for such a basic and perhaps strange question but as I went to answer your question, I discovered quickly that I would have a different answer for each one of the aforementioned preferences.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Actually I should have clarified, I'm looking at DSD downloads in particular. I've got a decent and growing collection of SACDs (although suggestions there are welcome as well so throw out your favorites), I'm looking to get into DSD downloads now that I have a setup that'll play them.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Hmmm, I'll have to refer you to others with suggestions on that. I do not have any DSD downloads. Perhaps someday. Thanks for clarifying nonetheless.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Are there many DSD tracks? I hope not since I will be stuck with doing another DAC upgrade if Bryston can't offer a firmware upgrade to the BDA2.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I believe Blue Coast records has DSD downloads. There isn't a lot out yet with other sites but, I think eventually places like HD tracks might jump in soon ( or I hope!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    Actually I should have clarified, I'm looking at DSD downloads in particular. I've got a decent and growing collection of SACDs (although suggestions there are welcome as well so throw out your favorites), I'm looking to get into DSD downloads now that I have a setup that'll play them.
    Not sure if you know but if you have a ps3 with the correct firmware you can rip dsd from your sacd. Hopefully links from other forums are ok, if not mods please feel free to delete.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95396.0
    http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php...913#msg1197913
    http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=105203.0

If I remember correctly you had a Teac DSD dac at one point? How did you like the sound from the dac? Will go search for the thread and reread your comments :)

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Here's a DSD recording that I really enjoy by an artist named Dayan Kai at Blue Coast Records http://bluecoastrecords.com/artists/dayan-kai

His music sounds open, clear and very realistic sounding.

Thread Information