Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Every new speak, no matter how great....LS70s' still get time.

These speakers are like a favorite old shoe for me and can't see ever getting rid of them! (They just sound so good.)
    My newest speaks are a killer pair of KEF 104/2's. They are more forward than the Polks' but do have that same reserved feel w/the detail "spring" to them...love that contrast aspect they share. While the KEFs' are a higher end speaker that do sound it, the LS70s' still do so much right, that it's just a different right?

I've been spending a lot of time over at a vintage oriented forum. (My Polk LS70 find is actually what put me back on the path with vintage audio....sure is funny how you approach all this as an adult huh?) One reason I popped back in here is to just say how much Polk is appreciated in general. A cork sniffer or two will poo poo "something Polk" as "box store'....MAY AS WELL STICK A STICK INTO A HORNETS NEST! You always get the SDA stories of them beating up on so much more gear than they have a right too or how Monitor 10's pushed JBLs',Missions', classic Infinitys' into a closet.....very few have heard much "new anything" enough to get a thread rolling with it though? Here's the other reason I popped back in.

I keep seeing LSi15s' around,and even though I need another speaker like I need a hole in the head, how do they stack up to the more modern RTi A9s'? Last month a neighbor lent me his RTi A9s while he was on vacation....I'm floored on how they are "still Polk" but that strong clarity while still absolutely having no fatigue is so nice. (I was throwing a 250w Pioneer Spec rack at them and they "went amazing".) Does the LSi15 have "it"? Can get a pair for well...way too low.
    Last edited by Kenneth Swauger; 06-03-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Ears don't understand money, only sound....keep your LS70's. This hobby is nothing, if not subjective.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by bd1886 View Post
    I've been spending a lot of time over at a vintage oriented forum.
    And what forum would that be... I need another forum to check like a hole in the head, but that hasnt stopped me yet

Quote Originally Posted by bd1886 View Post
    I keep seeing LSi15s' around,and even though I need another speaker like I need a hole in the head, how do they stack up to the more modern RTi A9s'? Last month a neighbor lent me his RTi A9s while he was on vacation....I'm floored on how they are "still Polk" but that strong clarity while still absolutely having no fatigue is so nice. (I was throwing a 250w Pioneer Spec rack at them and they "went amazing".) Does the LSi15 have "it"? Can get a pair for well...way too low.
    The 15's are nice but require a dedicated amp as they are 4 ohm loads. They like LOTS OF POWER and sound good, however your LS70's are their earlier relative IIRC so sound wise they may sound a bit better, but may not be too much more.

Also for straight 2 channel some folks have issues with the 15's due to the 8" bass speaker (its not really a sub) and how that affects the sound. Personally a better bet in that setup would be the LSi 7's (the darling of that line) and a good sub for a 2.1 setup that will sound better and be easier to get tuned to your room.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information