Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In wall setup

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Exclamation In wall setup

Hi everyone! I am in need of some help. I am building a new house and have decided to build a inwall home theatre system that is multi zoned. The area that I really need some help in is the home theatre area. I purchased a pair of rc85i's for my front L and R. I am looking at doing a 7.1 setup. Do I have to have a matching center channel and rears or can I match them up with the sc series. This is what I am thinking R85i's front L and R (purchased) SC-C for centre channel and 4 in ceiling sc80-ipr for the rears. I just purchased an pioneer av receiver 9.2. I am getting a Velodyne EQ-Max 8 subwoofer. Will this work? My main concern is having rc85 model that will not match up with the sc's in the rest of the system. The other question is the sc-s supposed to be used as a centre channel? The last question is do I need 4 rears or will 2 cut it. 5.1 vs 7.1 I don't mind the added cost if 4 are better.

Thanks in advance for any and all your help. Can't wait to get my new POLK system going.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

The RCi series and the SC series are not a timbre match. You want at least the front 3 to match. Either go all RCi or return the RCi's and go all SC.

The other question is the sc-s supposed to be used as a centre channel?
    Yes, the SC-C is a dedicated center channel speaker.

The last question is do I need 4 rears or will 2 cut it.
    Personal choice.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

If i go all rc will it sound ok or should i go sc? I would hate to put the system together as rc to find out it doesnt sound good. If i do go rc what inwall centre should i pair up with? Thanks for your help.

I believe the RCi series is the better of the two. You would use another RCi 85 as the center channel.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Would Polk Audio 255C-RT match up ok with rc85i's ? Would like to have a true center channel.

It uses a different tweeter and driver. You're much better off using the RCi 85 as it will work perfectly as a center giving you a seemless front.

Cool! Looks Like I will have an extra speaker if one fails. Do I run the speaker under the tv vertically or horizontaly? Thanks for all your help.

Whatever position keeps the tweeter as close to ear level as possible.

Thread Information