Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default new toshiba in the house

After last nights histryonics I told you guys I needed a tv way before cables and that the last time I will mention them.I went to Costco and got me a 40'' Toshiba flat tv w/ 1080p,2 HDMI ports, and a VGA ports and that's all I need .No 3d no ethernet no smart nothing.So all this time I thought I had as my former tv a 37'' ,no I never measured it for it was a gift and it was better than the box tv I had.It was a 32'' all this time so I UPGRADED 8'' to the front row. I am so wasted from moving the bracket and leveling the thing that pictures will wait but they will be forthcoming.$400
    Why Toshiba , 1.I was familiar w/ the brand already and of course cost. It's beautiful.

Default pix of tv

Here's some pix of the new tv

Nice congrats!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Congrats!

Back in the day of Direct View Tube TVs Toshiba was the King of "reliability", their sets rarely broke down. I still have an old 27" (bought in 2000) running in my basement with a digital feed. The other thing that they were good at was having excellent picture geometry--centering their picture almost perfectly not too much to the bottom, top, left, or right but DEAD center with very little "distortion".

Not sure how they're doing in the age of LED/LCD. But they still make pretty decent PCs and Laptops. And I'm still enjoying my old Toshiba HD-DVD player. I use it mostly to Upscale regular DVDs, which is does very very well!

Enjoy!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Looks great. Hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Thanks guys, I think in a word for performance is brilliant. There was one color my old tv did not like ,that cone international orange color for whatever reason.This tv is very sharp, color contrast is deep and really I think even if I could afforded a 42'' it just might have been to big for my room. So far I'm very happy w/ the product I have not gone into pc mode yet to p/u You-Tube and entire Dead concerts but tomorrow I will start playing w/ it. The Yankees are on now and as bad as they are I'm still into the game so until tomorrow avoir.......Lew

Do yourself a favor and calibrate that shiny new TV. You can do a basic calibration on your own or most shops offer it as a service.
    Bear in mind that those TVs leave the factory set up to be displayed in bright and glaring big box store showrooms and everything is so hyper saturated....

http://lifehacker.com/5858625/how-to...inutes-or-less

It is not as daunting as it seems, and the benefits are pretty great.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

ZLTFUL,Thanks but it's done. While hanging the thing I inadvertanly pulled the HDMI cable out of the box ,not the tv proper. I freaked immediately called Toshiba and they talked me through it and said check every cable, sh#t was I embarrased.Then we did the calibration thing w/ their help and it looks freaking intense at night. Could you tell I'm a wee bit excited? lol lol

You did the calibration over the phone? What did you use for test patterns? Usin g regular TV for testing patterns doesn't work. Just sayin'...
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

I think there are some varied opinions on it, but I found the Disney WOW blu-ray disc to be excellent for basic calibration. You also might want to stick a level on top of that bad boy.
    Last edited by badchad; 08-09-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
    Polk Center: CSi A6
    Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
    AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
    B&K Reference 200.7
    TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Oppo BDP-103

Thread Information