Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Default Weber Genesis or These? doing my outdoor kitchen.

eah....bought me Ceramic Egg grill and now I need a gas grill. Any ideas and opinions shared are most appreciated. ... Thanks Polks.

Please see these grills below:
    $499
    http://www.bbqislandinc.com/sole-4-b...on-a-cart.html

$799 the 1st two grill
    http://www.bbqguys.com/category_name...w.html?&ff4=37

We all know weber has good product and service but option one has a see through insulated hood thus retains heat and eliminate the urge of opening. Self cleaning technology can be also a + factor. And the marked down price is hard not to consider. Seen this in person.

The last 2 candidates are almost the same +/- price range with the Weber genesis. The built in look and Specs are ideal. The only issue is that I haven't seen them in person.

Please advise. Thank you.
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
    Surrounds: RTis
    2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
    Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
    Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
    PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
    PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
    Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Weber. Service and warranty. I got new burners and stainless steel grills three years after I bought mine...for free.

And I would imagine you won't see much through that hood after a couple of uses......
    Last edited by Ricardo; 06-13-2013 at 06:09 AM.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (16)

It's hard to beat a Weber. I will probably never buy another brand, they last forever, cook very well and you can always get parts.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Own and use regularly three different Weber grills. Other grill mfgs. try to compare or associate to Weber for a reason.
    SDA CRS+4.1TL's/Modded SDA 1C's/Modded SDA SRS 3.1 TL's/Modded SDA SRS 2.3TL

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Weber. Service and warranty. I got new burners and stainless steel grills three years after I bought mine...for free.

And I would imagine you won't see much through that hood after a couple of uses......
    Really? that's good to hear, we've had ours for about 3 years and the grill is starting to fall appart
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo Speaker Cable, XLO Jumpers, AQ Diamondback ICs, AQ HDMI x2, AQ Component, Signal Cable Analog II ICs, Signal Cable Digcoax, Signal Cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 and Harmony PS3 Adapter, LG dvdp(for the kids), Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Weber charcoal grills are great, no experience with their gas grills.

I bought this gas grill last year and love it.
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_404324-82210...sales_dollar|1

I was a little iffy on the whole infra-red idea but IMO it is the way to go for gas grills.

I use my Weber 22" for smoking.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Weber genesis owner here. 3 years has come and gone without a hitch. It is outside under cover 24/7, and gets used year round at least once a week. Coming from a cheapie grill that I used and replaced parts until it was literally falling apart, the weber is AWESOME! It gets hot (close to 600 if I want it) and it cooks very evenly. Make sure you get the one with the cast iron grates. The parts are just much higher quality than you get on other grills in the same price category. The other grills will have lots of little extras, but what does that matter if it doesn't heat evenly and falls apart due to cheap parts?

I've had a Weber Genesis since 2000. It's been going great for all this time. I finally replaced the burners this year as the originals were starting to wear between little holes for the gas in the burners causing uneven flames. It looks like it was just the metal giving out after all the hot/cold cycles of grilling and not due to rust.

The best thing about the Weber is that it has lasted so long and I can still get parts for that grill.

I recommend getting the stainless steel flavorizor bars and grates (but that's me). I had the ceramic and they rusted and wore out. I replaced them with stainless and never had an issue since.

My dad has used the cheap gas grills ($100-$200 range) and I'm sure he's had 4-5 grills over the same time frame as me. Not only that, but those cheaper grills never cooked as evenly as the my Weber.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I have a weber genesis. I love my grill. The build quality is top notch. I was not looking to spend more then $300 when I was shopping, but after feeling the build quality of that grill I was sold. it not gonna rot out like charbroils do. This sucker will last.

I would recomend going to lowes and HD to take a look at the standalone grills. Nothing compares to the solid feel of a weber
    HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

I bought my gas grill, which I usually refer to as the outside stove, about 3 years ago. Was looking at a Weber, because they make great products. Saw a 5 burner Brinkman at Home Depot for less than $150, so I bought that. I put a grill cover on it when not in use, and have had no issues with it.

I'll confess, I use it probably about 50 times a year or so, because I prefer my old fasion charcoal/wood smoker. Have had that guy for 12 years, and have replaced the grates 3 times.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Weber

No doubt about it unless you want to go HIGH END

Banned

I just bought the weber genesis natural gas and love it. No more running out of propane in the middle of cooking. Stay away from the stainless steel gills at Lowes, HD, Menards - they are lower cost but have a low grade of stainless steel with nickel in it so it ends up rusting which SS isn't supposed to do. I learned my lesson and went weber for quality, customer service, parts, long life, etc

I vote Weber. Three years ago I bought a Weber Summit for almost $2000. Expensive, yes, but I was tired of replacing $300 grills every 4 or 5 years. This one should last forever.
    My Stuff

RTi10s, Csi5, RC 65i in wall surrounds, SVS PC-Ultra 13 sub, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, B&K Reference 3220 3 channel amp, Sony KDS-R60XBR2, Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Blu-ray player, Logitech Harmony 1000 remote

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I bought a Vermont Castings a couple years ago and couldn't be happier. I only chose it over the Weber Summit because of price.

I've had my Weber for 17 years and it still works great. That's the only one I would buy.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Thread Information