Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Default Any Beth Orton fans out there?

I had never heard of her until last month, a friend recommended her. I bought "Central Reservation" and absolutely loved it. I can't believe I had never heard this before. The song Sweetest Decline is the most beautiful song I've heard in a long time. I melt when I hear it. My only gripe about this cd is that the cd mastering is not that great. On my system I hear a hard glassiness artifact when I turn it up. I just bought "Pass in Time: Definitive collection" and it has remastered the songs, so I'm hoping that it helps so I get a better version of "Sweetest Decline". She also has a new cd out which I haven't heard yet, but its on my list. When I'm ready to buy it, I'm getting the HD Tracks download which has a 44.1kHz/24 bit version of Sugaring Season.

Here's Central Reservation. You can get this used for 1 cent + shipping. No brainer.

Here's Sugaring Season at HDtracks

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Yeah, that Central Reservations is great. I saw her live a few times, the first time was a yawner, she was pregnant and just not revved up. The other time was good tho. I need to listen to her new album. Its really surprising to me that more people don't know who she is.

I know, most people haven't heard of her and yet her music is top notch. I hope to see her in concert in the future.

I checked her website, it looks like she mighta just been in Oregon a few weeks ago if I'm looking at it correctly. I shoulda got the vinyl of Central Reservations when it came out judging by the used price on Amazon.

After reading this this morning I checked out a few of her songs, I think I'll have to look at buying some of this. Thanks
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

dromunds- Yeah, I saw that. I'll have to catch her the next time she comes to Oregon.

I have had central reservation for quite some time however never really got into it. A few months ago a song off of central reservation came on while playing shuffle through my thousands of songs in my library. I was very impressed with the song and singer so I took a peep at my phone and saw it was Beth Orton. I then listened to all of central reservation and really enjoyed it. Good stuff!
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything

Thread Information