Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default The U.S. Department of Homeland Security virus....removal tool

If you get the U.S. Department of Homeland Security "US Department of homeland Security
    Homeland Security
    National Cyber Security Division
    THIS COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED"

look for the HitmanPro Kickstart program to make a bootable antivirus USB thumbdrive.

It works wonders.
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie

Member Sales Rating: (1)

What lol?

Between this & this: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show.....-lt-prism-gt

I think someone's gone off the deep end.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Agreed
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    What lol?
    no really -- there is a pesky malware trojan out there. My brother-in-law managed to trip across it yesterday with my spare laptop.

Here's the link
    Last edited by wayne3burk; 06-26-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: speeling
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Wow, what do people get out of doing this type of things??

It seems odd that Mac don't seem to have the same issues??

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxer View Post
    Wow, what do people get out of doing this type of things??

It seems odd that Mac don't seem to have the same issues??
    Actually, Mac viruses are just as prevelant...per capita. But you have to remember that Macs also make up a significantly smalled portion of the computers out there in cyber world. Having been a security/AV admin for a couple of very large corporations, even IOS and Android have threats out there...it isn't just the PC/Mac world.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Also wanted to mention that cyber crimes are handled by the FBI, not the Dept of Homeland Security. Even the NSA has less hands on with cyber-crimes than the FBI. So if you get anything that says something like Homeland Security and Cyber whatever in the same sentence, you can rest easy knowing it is most likely a phishing attempt.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    Actually, Mac viruses are just as prevelant...per capita. But you have to remember that Macs also make up a significantly smalled portion of the computers out there in cyber world. Having been a security/AV admin for a couple of very large corporations, even IOS and Android have threats out there...it isn't just the PC/Mac world.
    Ok, sounds like you would know. I have just heard and read they didn't have these issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxer View Post
    Ok, sounds like you would know. I have just heard and read they didn't have these issues.

Thanks
    I have RSS feeds for virus definition releases from all the major AV vendors that provide both Mac and Windows products. PCs get anywhere from 10-20 new definition releases per day while Mac gets 3-5 and Android/IOS get 1-2 per.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I have a client who paid the $59.95 and then called me asking why it didn't fix his PC! LMAO!!!
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    I have a client who paid the $59.95 and then called me asking why it didn't fix his PC! LMAO!!!
    Yup...my mom did that to me. And because it was my mom, I got to laugh and laugh and laugh...

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    Also wanted to mention that cyber crimes are handled by the FBI, not the Dept of Homeland Security. Even the NSA has less hands on with cyber-crimes than the FBI. So if you get anything that says something like Homeland Security and Cyber whatever in the same sentence, you can rest easy knowing it is most likely a phishing attempt.
    Don't worry, they did include the FBI
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...ion-ransomware
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I got the FBI one a few months back. All I had to do was boot into safe mode and restore to the previous day.
    Speakers:SDA2a, sub:Atlantic Technologies 172 PBM
    Pre:B&K PRO-10MC(2ch)
    Amps:Parasound HCA 1000a
    SourcesOppo DV-970HD, Xbox360, Kenwood KT-5300
    Cables:Philips/RCA/Monster

Life's short, Listen to SDA's
    Life is short live Sui Juris
    Where did SOPA go?

LOL....go figure, a government agency considered a virus. I'm down with that.

Thread Information