Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Default Pioneer Elite VSX vs SC models

Never owned a Pioneer Elite receiver.. but i like the new models out right now.. so I'm looking for one. so what's the
    difference between the VSX and the SC line?

Member Sales Rating: (0)

The SC line is their top line models. If you interested, you might want to wait for their new models this summer. their unannounced top three models will be using the ESS Ultra DACs. They are the same DACs used by the Oppo BDP-83SE which is known as an excellent audiophile player.

oh the SC models of Pioneer Elite receivers are out of my price range.. as cool as they appear to be after reading the press release... i think the VSX Elite's fit my budget better.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by danger boy View Post
    oh the SC models of Pioneer Elite receivers are out of my price range.. as cool as they appear to be after reading the press release... i think the VSX Elite's fit my budget better.
    Buy a used sc05 !!

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    Buy a used sc05 !!
    +1 I agree
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

sc series is great for HT. I used to have marantz and when I hooked up sc elite. the difference is night and day. Can't comment on vsx series since I have not used it.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

The VSX series is class A-B amp design. The SC use Class D amps. The older models have B&O Modules , the 5 series and up are all built by Pioneer now called D3.

SC are the top of the line models. VSX series even entry level models all sound awesome. The SC will get you closer to a Pre / Amp sound then the VSX will.

What is your budget? Used is probably going to be the best option if you can't afford a new SC. They do however have very affordable models now in the SC range.
    Last edited by mantis; 06-20-2013 at 07:07 AM.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Decent prices can be found on used SC models on craigslist, ebay, and audiogon, etc. If you want the most for you money, $400-$600 on a used unit will get you a lot of performance. OTOH, I've seen used VSX-92THX model for $300! Again...a lot of performance for the money. New units are ALWAYS great but if you are poor like me, there is so much value in finding a good used unit.I almost picked up an SC-25 for $450 shipped from a guy on CL. However, I am moving and my dedicated HT room is no more. My new space is smaller....but I still plan to pick up an SC at some point.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday???
    OPPO 105 | Cary or Rogue Audio tube Preamp | Parasound HALO A21 amp | DIY Mini Statements towers

welp.. i couldn't resist getting a new receiver so i opted for the new this year model Pioneer Elite VSX-70 lots of bells and whistles..
    i to need to downsize the home theater. I honestly don't use the HT much anymore. so it was time to upgrade and the price of the
    VSX-70 fit my budget. My friend has last years model a step or two down.. VSX-42 I think and it sound quite good to me.

perhaps, next time i'll go with an SC model.. ;)

Thread Information