Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Default I'm done with HDTracks

Until they start correctly labeling and start standing behind the product that they sell and create a section for people to post reviews I'm done.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (1)

They are spendy and have me considering a vinyl setup, I agree they should have a member review section

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Coolllll!! More for me!

...oh wait....ahhhh......

CJ
    As seen on the AVS forum... "Radio Shack zip cord kicks butt."

I thought after getting their hand slapped a couple times they would learn.

What did you come across Danny that wrinkled your feathers?
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (20)

It's actually been building up for a while now, the one that pushed me over the edge are the Rush remasters. I won't get into all of it here, there's a thread on the Steve Hoffman forums that goes into great detail. I've had multiple purchases from them that weren't very good. Their typical response is "Hey we just sell the files that we receive".

You know what, Best Buy just sells the crap they receive also, but if a printer doesn't work or meet my satisfaction I can return it. When I buy games, music, movies etc on Amazon I can read reviews right there on the site before I buy them. I think they know that a good bit of what they sell is garbage and that's why they don't have a review section up.

I've been a customer of their for quite a while now, and I've looked the other way before because I'm a big fan of the concept of selling hi-rez music online. I guess this last purchase was enough to push me over the edge.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I've bought many albums from HDTracks but do not trust them. I google the hell out of any album I'm thinking of buying and that has largely saved me from buying crap. But I've been burned once or twice.
    System
    ModWright SWL 9.0SE Signature Preamp | Aragon 8008 Mk II Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    Squeezebox Touch |Rega DAC
    | Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-717 Tuner (Joseph Chow Mods)

Member Sales Rating: (31)

I always wait for reviews from other websites before I purchase.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I'll continue to use SACD's...... Granted, you can still get burned with SACD's, but you can always sell it if you don't like it. Or, even better, you can return it at many places.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    It's actually been building up for a while now, the one that pushed me over the edge are the Rush remasters. I won't get into all of it here, there's a thread on the Steve Hoffman forums that goes into great detail. I've had multiple purchases from them that weren't very good. Their typical response is "Hey we just sell the files that we receive".

You know what, Best Buy just sells the crap they receive also, but if a printer doesn't work or meet my satisfaction I can return it. When I buy games, music, movies etc on Amazon I can read reviews right there on the site before I buy them. I think they know that a good bit of what they sell is garbage and that's why they don't have a review section up.

I've been a customer of their for quite a while now, and I've looked the other way before because I'm a big fan of the concept of selling hi-rez music online. I guess this last purchase was enough to push me over the edge.
    Can you provide a link to that thread? I was considering purchasing The Rush cuts but I'll wait until I read the thread.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

While it might be nice to 'return' an HD track one considers subpar, there is nothing preventing someone from buying HD files, copying them, and returning them. That is not a successful business model. They do need rankings of the files describing quality by taking into account upconversion, compression, and other factors that degrade sound quality. Poorer files need to be priced lower, such as at the equivalent CD price.

Thread Information