Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

You say you "really don't care" and then toss a few more mudballs at me?? Your response was a pure dodge. The seller emailed this to me: "Why are the people from your site (the Polk forum) emailing me asking what am I smoking?" And "don't you people have a life?" The email from the Polk forum member was "pointless and needless," unless insults are a someone's idea of a new buying technique. He even gave me a name. Be a stand-up guy; send me a PM.

Whatever happened to the SDA SRS's you were looking to buy in memory of your mother last year?

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...A-SRS-purchase.

Did you end up getting them?

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Ouch!
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (12)

You are up to ten posts, so you can send all the Pm's you like. Knock yourself out
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by ambiophonics View Post
    Whatever happened to the SDA SRS's you were looking to buy in memory of your mother last year?

No. I was about to move from CT to IA and I had not yet "won" the battle with my better half for the upgrade. As some of you can imagine, that cost me a major amount of brownie points. But I continue to slog on until the war is won . . .

I've bought 3 555-IIs for $300-$350 shipped. Higher than that is ridiculous. They go for around that on eGay all day long as well.
    I have seen them go higher but those were in MINT condition in the original boxes.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Quote Originally Posted by Schurkey View Post
    Last I saw, he's down to 2K, but now without the amps as part of the deal. Therefore, still nearly a grand too high. Apparently trolling for idiots. We'll perhaps see what they sell for...or don't sell for.

What are 555 IIs going for? He wants $400 each, I was thinking more like $325--$350 plus shipping. I might be wrong, and a guy could do a lot worse than dropping $400/ea on 555 IIs IF THEY'RE IN GOOD CONDITION, packed properly (or local pick-up). No word on the price of the speaker selector.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    I've bought 3 555-IIs for $300-$350 shipped. Higher than that is ridiculous. They go for around that on eGay all day long as well.
    I have seen them go higher but those were in MINT condition in the original boxes.
    Yep, I was wrong. He's completely out-to-lunch on the speakers AND the amps.

What is so hard about performing "due diligence" on a product BEFORE taking out the ad in Craigslist, the newspaper, or setting up an auction on eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by ambiophonics View Post

Just wow... who "honors" their mother with a pair of 30 year old speakers? Planting a tree or two in mom's favorite spot perhaps, or changing your life to become the man she always knew you could be, or even naming a daughter after her... those I can see and understand. But speakers??? I suppose you could hug a set of SDA's and get like-like playback of vocal recordings from them but... I guess whatever floats your boat.
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Just wow... who "honors" their mother with a pair of 30 year old speakers? Planting a tree or two in mom's favorite spot perhaps, or changing your life to become the man she always knew you could be, or even naming a daughter after her... those I can see and understand. But speakers??? I suppose you could hug a set of SDA's and get like-like playback of vocal recordings from them but... I guess whatever floats your boat.
    There was a tongue-in-cheek quality to my post last year. Sorry if you missed it. You seem hell-bent on drawing the most sinister inference out of everything I write. It's silly and laughable- and soooo far from the original question of this thread.

It could also be that your sense of humor sucks.

I'm gonna side with John on this one... "I jokingly honored my deceased mother by trying to overprice er I mean find some speakers...Jay Leno thought I was funny." Sounds more asinine than tongue in cheek.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Just keeps getting better and better......
    This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Just keeps getting better and better......

I bet you bought them, huh???

Kiddin'

You found me out.

Seriously kiddin'

This one is better than cables

Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    This one is better than cables
    Or the hunt for that elusive black paint.

Here we go again...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-S...item232c976ed9

Ordinarily, these speakers would be talked about for days and we would be pulling for someone from the forum to bring them into the family. In this case, I hope they never sell because the OP has made such a fool of himself that is more fun watching the train wreck.

Or the hunt for that elusive black paint.

Here we go again...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-S...item232c976ed9

Ordinarily, these speakers would be talked about for days and we would be pulling for someone from the forum to bring them into the family. In this case, I hope they never sell because the OP has made such a fool of himself that is more fun watching the train wreck.
    Well, you can contact the seller to see if your original paranoid suspicions were right or wrong. The downward spiral of this thread has been a classic study of "group think." One guy starts the ball rolling with baseless charges, and a handful of others join in. Now I know how William Holden felt in "Stalag 17." If you don't get that reference, try watching "The Ox Bow Incident." I have other things to do. Children, the sandbox is all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by cmarks175 View Post
    Someone has contacted the seller and asked a needless, pointless question. Guys, is this really necessary? Leave him alone.
    I think I will follow your sage advice...

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by cmarks175 View Post
    The downward spiral of this thread has been a classic study of "group think." One guy starts the ball rolling with baseless charges, and a handful of others join in.
    One could also go with the "we've seen and heard most of it" mentality as for the most part the old timers around here have seen and heard it all and aren't afraid to call it out everybody makes mistakes but for you to keep defending the seller in this case makes this more than just a little suspicious.

The downward spiral of this thread has been a classic study of "group think." One guy starts the ball rolling with baseless charges, and a handful of others join in.
    Ahhhhh sorry pal, we were all on the same page from the start.

I have other things to do. Children, the sandbox is all yours.
    The sandbox was ours to begin with. You're just mad because you never learned how to play well with others.

F1nut,

You are a man of few words, and you make every one of them count! Bravo!
    Family Room
    Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD Player, King Cobra XLRs
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose68Bash View Post
    F1nut,

You are a man of few words, and you make every one of them count! Bravo!
    It's because he's right.

Amen, brother!
    Family Room
    Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD Player, King Cobra XLRs
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Breaking news!!!

Now down to 1500.00!

When they hit a grand, they might be worth a phone call.

Or best offer, just offer him a $1000, all he can say is no.

Breaking news!!!

Now down to 1500.00!

When they hit a grand, they might be worth a phone call.

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Ooohhhh, the audiophile drama!!

Gotta love it...
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...