Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default My Center (CsiA4) showed up :)

I am upgrading most of my system. My first piece just got delivered, a center (CsiA4). I was trying out some energy 5.1 speakers, which did not do the job and ultimately lead me to decide to pull the trigger on a full scale upgrade.

Wow amazing how much even adding a good center can improve a system. I bought a full polk setup site unheard based on my previous ownership of polk gear (no home audio dealers anywhere close to where i live). When I bought that system, I did a ton of auditioning and loved the polk sound.

This center completely meet my expectations. woot! I can hardly wait for the rest of the system to show up.

In the mail still, fronts :A9's and surrounds:XFI A6
    Last edited by CinderLyon; 06-21-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Curious on the choice of the CSiA4 to go with those A9's?
    Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
    Polk Center: CSi A6
    Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
    AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
    B&K Reference 200.7
    TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Oppo BDP-103

I, too, am curious why you chose the CSiA4 to go with the RTiA9's. I would have gone with the CSiA6. Very jealous.

Glad to hear your system is coming together. When I first started I jumped on Polk sight-unseen also just based on what one other friend told me. No regrets.

Let us know how you like those RTiA9's! I would love to get a pair of those one day.
    Mellow greetings. What seems to be your boggle?

i went with the csiA4 because of space mostly. They looked huge in all the images i could find. As it is, turns out i have to get a new stand/table anyways to fit everything on. I felt they would be similar enough to the A6 to get away with it. We will see. Also the system is mostly for just me and I get to sit is the sweet spot all by myself most of the times. As I understand it one of the reasons for centers is to expand the sweet spot for friends. I have a few but they can suffer. :) I was also being cheap when i ordered them. For a lousy $100 more or so, given how much i did pull the trigger for, i probably should have gone with the A6.

The other reason was that I use my 40'' LED as a computer screen when gaming and felt having a huge A6 in front of me was probably overkill.

Congrats on your purchases!! Though I do not have the A6 yet I am looking at getting it. I am just using a cheapo center for the time being. The A6 is the center paired for the A9's and sounds completely different that the A4 in a good way.

A few others here have the A9's with the A6 and love it!!!
    Kenwood KR-V8070
    Kenwood DR-V5070
    Polk RTi A9- Mains
    CSI A6- Center
    Energy 10 Sub
    Panamax M4300-PM Power Conditioner

Working on updating my set up

Honestly the A4 is a better tonal match to the A9's to me. Part of this has to have something to do with matching drivers. The big complaint is that it just doesn't dig like the A6 does, but honestly, I still prefer the 5.25" driver sized speakers in the RTi series better than the 6.5" ones. They just sound more natural and better balanced to me. YMMV
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Honestly the A4 is a better tonal match to the A9's to me. Part of this has to have something to do with matching drivers. The big complaint is that it just doesn't dig like the A6 does, but honestly, I still prefer the 5.25" driver sized speakers in the RTi series better than the 6.5" ones. They just sound more natural and better balanced to me. YMMV
    What is the best tonal match to the RTI A7?
    Panasonic 65" Plasma - Panasonic Blu-ray. Onkyo TX-NR809 RTi A7s fronts - MK CS150s surronds.

Enjoy that a4 Cinder, and those A9's. I have always wondered if adding the A6, to my A5's would be an improvement, but my A4 does a pretty good job that, I'am just left wondering as you always hear people say bigger is better when it comes to centers.

Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    What is the best tonal match to the RTI A7?
    To me, it'd be the A6. I think the A7/A6 combo might be the best all around for the RTi line. I have a differing view than most though.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    To me, it'd be the A6. I think the A7/A6 combo might be the best all around for the RTi line. I have a differing view than most though.
    I liked my A4 better than the A6. I sent the A6 back and "downgraded" to the A4.

I felt that the A6 sounded too boomy and unnatural to me with my old A7's.
    Living room:
    Samsung PN50B860 50" Plasma : Oppo BDP-103 : Roku 3 : Denon AVR-2808Ci : Definitive Tech ProMonitor 800 R&L : ProCenter 1000 : Polk FXi 3 Surrounds : Twin Velodyne SPL 10 Series II's :

2Ch:
    Polk LSi 9's : Parasound HCA 1500A : Pro-Ject Debut Carbon : Cambridge 640P Phono Stage : Musical Fidelity M1 S DAC : APC H15 : MacBook Pro Retina :

Quote Originally Posted by CinderLyon View Post
    I am upgrading most of my system. My first piece just got delivered, a center (CsiA4). I was trying out some energy 5.1 speakers, which did not do the job and ultimately lead me to decide to pull the trigger on a full scale upgrade.

Wow amazing how much even adding a good center can improve a system. I bought a full polk setup site unheard based on my previous ownership of polk gear (no home audio dealers anywhere close to where i live). When I bought that system, I did a ton of auditioning and loved the polk sound.

This center completely meet my expectations. woot! I can hardly wait for the rest of the system to show up.

In the mail still, fronts :A9's and surrounds:XFI A6
    If your saying wow with just the A4 then you're in for a real treat when you get the A9's and FXIA6's. You'll have a great system. Enjoy.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp: W4S MC5, Front: Polk RTIA9, Center: Polk CSIA6, Surrounds: Polk FXIA6, Sub EQ: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033C, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable

Just got me A9's. Surrounds seem to be lost in the mail. And WOW! ran audyseey, got several settings wrong, of course. AVR are a bit more complex these days. then got them mostly right. and wow! I am a very happy camper. Cant wait till my surrounds show up tomorrow. My spl showed and as well, that will be fun.

whats with PC's padding out 5.1 (or 7.1) when there is only a 2 channel source! What a royal pain.
    Last edited by CinderLyon; 06-25-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Everything is here now. My old adcom amp seems to be causing some static at certain levels in the higher frequencies. I tried to clean it out and it worked part way. going to try more cleaning. Otherwise i am in the market for a new amp.

The sound is outstanding. :)

Congrats!! Enjoy!

Thread Information