Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default My surround bar 5000 shuts off randomly while using the bluetooth function!

So I'm having a problem with my sound bar. It shuts off randomly while using the bluetooth function. I'll connect to it with my iPhone and it'll work for a few songs and then it just shuts off, randomly. And then I have to turn off the bluetooth on my phone, turn it back on again and then reconnect it to the sound bar to have it start playing again. PLEASE HELP!

Hello jstitans24,
    Usually this type of problem is caused by whatever is providing the audio source isn't sufficient strength to keep the "auto on/off" function on. Is the signal coming from the iPhone at all variable? If so, raise it to the highest level providing it doesn't begin producing distortion. There also can be some unit-to-unit variability in the input sensitivity of the SurroundBar, it might be worth getting your unit exchanged, if possible.
    Contact Polk's CS department at: 1-800-377-7655 or via email to: polkcs@polkaudio.com.
    Regards, Ken

I'm not sure what that means, whether the signal coming from the iPhone is variable or not, nor how to raise it either. But it does it pretty much every time I try to listen to my phone via Bluetooth. Again, it'll play a few songs or so and then just randomly, the song will stop playing. The Bluetooth says that it's still connected, along with the iPhone itself. Then I have to disconnect them and reconnect them in order to listen to it again.

It would be best to contact Polk at the numbers and addresses I gave above, I'm not at all experienced with Bluetooth technology, sorry.

Thread Information