Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Default IRS "Accidentally" Exposed Tens of Thousands of Social Security Numbers

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Think I'll just "accidentally" forget to file my taxes next year and see how far it gets me when I use that as an excuse.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

It is one thing to have a breakdown in cyber security and the data procured illegally, by why worry about that when it is just put out there for all to see. Of course this precludes the need for all the computer hacking skills and training previously required, making it fairer to the general public.
    pre VAC Standard LE, power VAC PA100/100 phi upgrade, analog Origin Live Aurora Mk2, Origin Live Encounter Mk3c, Benz Ebony H, digital Lector 0.6t, speakers Thiel CS2.4, Rel Strata III, cables Audience AU24 e IC, Audience AU24 e SC, power Audience aR1p, Audience aR2p, Audience PowerCord e

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

....and those are the same people your suppose to trust with your Healthcare info ?

Member Sales Rating: (55)

It's only the Section 527 pol org's. For a minute there I thought I might have had a problem.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

From what I read, the numbers belong once again, to conservative donors... nothing to see sheeple...I mean people. Nothing to see here, so move along.

And so the incompetence continues. The question becomes when is enough, enough? I think it will get to that point when we understand what the definition of the word "IS" is.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Cool If for people in SC, then nothing new

Yeah, yeah, been there done that.
    The best counter to the weakness that lay in many an office, government or otherwise, we have found has been:
    Keep your 3 credit reports frozen until needed (free in SC, cheap or free everywhere else)
    Nobody can get credit in your name when they are frozen, PS - don't lose your PIN to unfreeze when needed.

Use the debit card at the bank only. Use rewards card(s) or same as cash offers for everything else.
    The bank doesn't care about your money, and if someone takes your debit card number, the bank will be mad at you, been there done that. So, if going out of town, try and stick to one or two cards for specific items, we have a card just for untrustwortiness. The rewards ? Buying the same stuff I would have bought anyway, in 1.5 years I have $ 855.00 in rewards / statement credits....Too, the credit card companies care aout their money, so if someone steals your card numbers, they will send you another with different number.

Hope this helps.
    HT set up / Living Room
    Sony STR-DN2010
    Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
    Center - polkaudio CS2
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40's
    Audio / Dining room / Outdoors
    Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio R150's / polk
    audio Atrium 5
    Back Office / Guitar Jam Room
    Sony STR-K665P 5.1 setup

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Think I'll just "accidentally" forget to file my taxes next year and see how far it gets me when I use that as an excuse.
    Well, that might actually work. The "I was busy that year(s)" doesn't really work too well.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

It's hard to believe that some young Russian computer hacker can't take ANY ONE OF US DOWN. Empty our accounts, find all our CC numbers, passwords etc. How anyone here can even continue to use "credit" and still have a "valid" identity, and "good credit score" is beyond ME!

I'm pretty sure there at least TWO "me-s" at this point. If not more?

And the great thing is that your own bank will not monitor your credit history "unless" you apply for a LOAN from them? Give me a break!

There is "no accountability" and NO POLICING system for identity theft? You're expected to be your OWN enforcement agency, check your credit scores "regularly". But to DO that you need to CONSTANTLY GIVE MORE and MORE information about YOU to those agencies, ON LINE! Which means there is more and more about you that can be "stolen" and used illegally!

Does anyone else see a contradiction here?

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 07-10-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (55)

The world is becoming totally freestyle. Should be interesting.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

You'd think with all the places to check, proving who someone is would get easier, not harder.
    If they just put a picture and thumbprint online in a read only format, whenever you swipe a
    card the cashier could see it and act as needed. As far as online transactions go, I have no
    idea how to fix that.
    The Dallas school district was hiring Spanish speaking teachers from Mexico.
    They were using random SS numbers from job applications to assign to these
    people until their documents cleared. And they were caught doing it more than once!
    They got caught when the IRS flagged people for unreported income from the Dallas school district.
    There were some meat packing plants doing the same thing.
    As far as the IRS thing, accident? Not likely. Best payback to the people nagging them about
    the whole tax free thing.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information