Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Default Horrific crash in Dayton Airshow...

Video not linked because in is just that scary to watch... RIP to both.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/22...ohio-air-show/
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

My stepfather was there. Was right up against the fence and got a shot of it. He said the ground shook and could feel the fireball. Just terrible.
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

It was tragic, and useless. I watched that earlier today. While people can do whatever they want, I have to wonder why some people do things like this.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

You can't go through life not doing things for fear of injury or death.

Well you can obviously do whatever you want, but if not for people who live on the edge this world would surely be a smaller less exciting place to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    You can't go through life not doing things for fear of injury or death.

Well you can obviously do whatever you want, but if not for people who live on the edge this world would surely be a smaller less exciting place to live in.
    True on both accounts. They both died doing what they loved, but the lady wing walker left two sons behind too.
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

Tragic. You see more n more of this happening. Sad

It is tragic, and I also believe people should enjoy the freedom to do what they choose to do -- so long as it does not harm others.

Perhaps, more important, however, I believe each of us should all do what we can to make the world a better place before we leave it.

I'm not sure what providing thrills at the risk of one's life, especially when two young children depend on the risk-taker, does to contribute to a better world.

Count me as old fashioned, but I believe in the upward march of humanity, and I want to move it along!
    Family Room
    Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD Player, King Cobra XLRs
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Until we find out exactly what went wrong, it looks like it was an unfortunate accident. Have to agree with assimilated, folks who make a living flying whether it's as pilots, flight attendants ,military personnel or wingwalkers, they've always been a special breed of people who are willing to take risks and live on that edge. It's their passion. Some say they feel closer to God in the air, I say, God Bless those who take this risk to fly.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

If 'we' played it safe - we'd all still be in the trees with our relatives.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    There are some on this forum that still are.

lol... J/K guys!
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    There is a difference between playing it safe, and playing it stupid. There was another wing walker who fell to his death a year or two ago at another Ohio air show. This guy was trying to go from a plane to a helicopter. Oh well, to each their own.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    There is a difference between playing it safe, and playing it stupid. There was another wing walker who fell to his death a year or two ago at another Ohio air show. This guy was trying to go from a plane to a helicopter. Oh well, to each their own.
    Are you saying the wingwalker and the pilot were stupid?

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Terrible crash

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Every person draws a line between 'playing it safe' and 'playing it stupid' in different places. If it's stupid for you, it may not be stupid for many other people. Just as an example, many people I know think that riding a motorcycle is 'dangerous and stupid', and no amount of arguments will make them think otherwise. Well, I really don't care what they say.

Member Sales Rating: (20)

I could make the argument that driving across town to work every day is stupid. It's risky because I could die in an auto accident, and it's not necessary because I could choose to live right next door to work. Or I could say taking a family road trip is stupid for the same reasons.

Sure, those activities are 'less' risky that plane stunt flying, but to use that argument in any discussion I then have to be drawing a line in the sand as to which activities are 'too' risky AND expect that everyone would agree with MY arbitrary line in the sand.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Thread Information