Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default lsim 703 authenticity

Hi all.After purchasing the t600, and being impressed with it I decided to go even bigger with the 703.The only problem was that I couldn't find it anywhere in canada(apprently they sell in futureshop but I must have keyword it in wrong)so I decided to go on ebay to buy.My only worry is the lack of warranty and the fact that the seller had it list as 1090 which is cheaper than anywhere I've seen even the stats, so my question is should I worry that this is a possible fake?

Fyi-I tried to cancel and wait for a sale from futureshop but buyer already ship, so I'am very worry at this point.

Is it fake? Likely no... does it carry the full warranty? Probably not as they might be a gray market dealer. Call Polk customer service for details in the morning.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

than you sir for quick reply, and I will def give polk a call after I get back from outta town work.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

My only worry is the lack of warranty
    You state that they don't have a warranty, so that must have been posted in the auction. Don't bother calling Polk, they won't have a warranty, period.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

F1 is probably right but i wouldn't be too worried about it. I doubt they are fakes. If you are smart and don't play them too hard when breaking them in, i doubt you'll have any problems with them if you don't abuse them. Don't play them loud with a wimpy amp, either.

As an aside, I had a damaged tweeter on my M70's when i bought them. I called polk right off the bat and they registered them over the phone. They asked me where I got them and never made me send in a single shred of evidence of where i bought them from. i found that odd.

Check with Squaretrade for a warranty. Most items sold on eBay are eligible for their warranties and they seem to be very highly regarded in online reviews. I've had warranties from them for a few items, but have never had to file a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by plainoledave View Post

They asked me where I got them and never made me send in a single shred of evidence of where i bought them from. i found that odd.
    Dang, I find that as a company inviting someone to be a loyal customer :)
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff4rfc View Post
    I've had that happen as well.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    I've had that happen as well.
    Come to think of it, me too. My surrounds were still under warranty, I had a terminal break on one, just one of those things. When I called Polk, there were no questions asked, they just sent out a whole new cross over, I made the swap and it was good as new. I remember being very impressed at how easy Polk made it.

I rate their CS as one of the best if not THE best.

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Member Sales Rating: (58)

CS claims are handled case by case in regards to doc's and receipts. It's worth a call to Polk.

As F1 alluded to previously, KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS. File that stuff, keep it handy and pass it on to the next buyer.

thanks guys,sometimes it sucks to be canadian especially when it come to tech.I'm also wondering if a denon e400 would be good enough for these speakers assuming i listen on low to mid volume?

I meant unusual, in a good way and was implying he might not be up the creek without a paddle like someone prior to me has pretty much stated. Why does everyone on this site take things the wrong way? You took the only part of my positive post that could possibly be negative and ran with it. lol. See, I lol'ed you shouldn't get pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by plainoledave View Post
    lol. See, I lol'ed you shouldn't get pissed off.
    Easy my A/V brother, I meant no jab by my statement, and I receive no offense by your reply. I completely understand (I hope) what you meant, perhaps you meant, it's unusual for a company, not to be so hard nosed when it comes to "company out of pocket expense" to accommodate the customer.

And, I certainly hope, I'm not like everyone else I've had my fair share of "cheesy ravioli", thanks btw DSkip for that lovely visual.
    Last edited by Geoff4rfc; 08-01-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Home Theater-7.2

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Easy my A/V brother, I meant no jab by my statement, and I receive no offense by your reply. I completely understand (I hope) what you meant, perhaps you meant, it's unusual for a company, not to be so hard nosed when it comes to "company out of pocket expense" to accommodate the customer.
    Sorry about that. I've had some run ins on here lately, don't want to give out details because i'm kinda spooked by one of them.

Anyhow, ya, i thought it was unusual that a company would go so far to please. I used to work for a company that wouldn't extend a grace period on any of their products when they knew there product was faulty to begin with. The item in question failed at least 1/3 of the time, too. I guess that was my point of reference.

-dave

Thread Information