Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    I don't care if they are one in the same or not. This is the one that's making Club Polk look like a joke for letting him continue to post here.
    Best post I've seen in a Cheezy thread yet.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

I don't care if they are one in the same or not. This is the one that's making Club Polk look like a joke for letting him continue to post here.
    Gonna have to concur.
    I mean, it would be different if we were talking about a viable and valid product. But instead we are talking alien crystals and tree fibers and recycled bovine feces. I mean, seriously? It's like letting the screaming kid at the restaurant drive away the rest of your customers because you don't have balls to tell the parents to shut their kid up or GTFO.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

pepster

I agree to a certain extent, but I think it may just be that he found something he likes, and no one knows what he paid for it, so he might just be a "satisfied" customer.
    And I would note here, that Coconut Audio has alot of feedback on Agon, all positive.

I always have the thought in the back of my mind that I am wrong about this, but either way I feel sorry for both of them.
    I would love nothing more than to link the two, but I have my doubts anyone ever will (many have tried including websight/forums).
    Last edited by pepster; 07-10-2013 at 08:02 PM.

pepster

How about a pic of your keyboard Cheezy?

Although it looks VERY similar to ours (Latin), there are additional "letters" on a Swedish keyboard, and in the Swedish language.
    Amazing how their keyboards look similar (with the addition of a couple/few letters), yet their language is different than ours, and needs translation software.
    Last edited by pepster; 07-10-2013 at 08:46 PM.

pepster

I am going to edit this post for now.....
    Last edited by pepster; 07-10-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Banned

Default Here you go peeps. My PC and PSU has been relocated

OK,

I had to take this thing apart because there wasn't enough clearance to slide the PC in to the upper shelf in the wine storage cabinet. I had to place the motherboard and tray in the shelf first before I could plug in any peripherals.

Placed the foam underneath the motherboard mounting plate as shown. Placed the power supply on top of the cabinet and ran the molex connectors behind the cabinet so they can be connected to the PC.

Place one card at a time one by one brotha. This is video card.

Next, placed the sound card along with cool tweaks.

They look like different planets in space. Neat.

There you have it. PC inside the cabinet and power supply outside. Looks unique

Take a closer look on the PSU there is foam placed underneath.

I hope Patrick approves this unique setup. And like I said, this is preparation for my soon-to-be-received Unreal Power 5M power cable. The cable will be connected from this power supply directly to da wall outlet. ;)

Questions? Comments? Excited yet? I know I am. :)

Cheezy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pepster View Post
    How about a pic of your keyboard Cheezy?

Although it looks VERY similar to ours (Latin), there are additional "letters" on a Swedish keyboard, and in the Swedish language.
    Amazing how their keyboards look similar (with the addition of a couple/few letters), yet their language is different than ours, and needs translation software.
    I speak English, though it is not my 1st language.

Here is my keyboard. Does it look like a Swedish keyboard to you?

I am sure the moderators have access to track my IP and locate where I live. Just please don't say it on public forum. I need some privacy pls!

Cheezy
    Last edited by cheezy; 07-10-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Banned

I'm telling ya!
    Forum administration CAN see IP addresses, and the two have never been deleted on the same forum as a result of people thinking they were one in the same, as far as I can tell.

Patrick has been banned all over the net, Cheezy has not.

2 different people?
    Yes! I told ya guys like a hundred times already. :)

Probably, in my mind at least, I am somewhat convinced they are not the same person, or they would have both been banned according to their location and IP address.
    And you guessed right that Patrick and I are not the same person. Trust me. The moderators have tools to track IP's and find out where each of us live.

C'mon c'mon Unreal Power 5M. Cheez can't wait!!! Hurry HURRY...

Cheezy
    Last edited by cheezy; 07-10-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on the power cable

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on the power cable
    Thanks. I sure will. Will take video of opening the package. Another one after installing the cable, along with pics. Then I will post my impression about the sound. :)

P.s. here is my tracking status so far:

7/9/2013 4:01 AM STOCKHOLM EMS The item has been dispatched from Posten´s international terminal for onward transport abroad

I think it's either airborne or just arrived the U.S. customs....

Cheezy
    Last edited by cheezy; 07-10-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Perhaps. However, IMO the What Are You Listening To thread is even worse since there is a link to it on the Polk home page. That thread makes it seem like Polk is just for a bunch of geezers stuck in the past with Classic Rock.

pepster

Well, I for one wish you the best of luck Cheezy!

Hope the power cables work out for the best!

Nice system man!

Truely!

Damn nice camera also!

Killer picture quality!
    Last edited by pepster; 07-11-2013 at 02:26 AM.

pepster

Here is my keyboard. Does it look like a Swedish keyboard to you?
    Ummmmm, since there are 7.2 million hyphens missing, no it does not look like a Swedish keyboard!
    Last edited by pepster; 07-11-2013 at 03:00 AM.

I wish I could afford a nice power cable from Patrick.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.

Banned

My tracking status as of now:

Express Mail International®
    Processed Through Sort Facility
    July 11, 2013, 12:41 am
    ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

I have a good feeling it's gonna get here Friday... *Cheez prays*

Well, I for one wish you the best of luck Cheezy!

Hope the power cables work out for the best!

Nice system man!

Truely!

Damn nice camera also!

Killer picture quality!
    Thanks pepster :) The Unreal Power 5M cable isn't exactly intended for PC's and amps but will certainly have impact on sound anyway. I'm going to get me a Creative EMU-0404 USB DAC later down the road and connect the Unreal Power 5M to it. I was told by Patrick that will give best result, maximum performance out of them.

My camera takes good pictures. But terrible for video recording as you have seen my videos. No HD and no tuning settings :(

Quote Originally Posted by decal View Post
    I wish I could afford a nice power cable from Patrick.
    They aren't really far out of reach for many buyers. That's why I take advantage of introductory prices on these cables. The Unreal Power 5M however, is still expensive, the introductory price is $6000. The build time takes as twice as long as the White Night Power 5M, not to mention higher end materials.

Guys, good news. After relocating my PC and power supply the humming noise from the mid range driver of my right speaker has REDUCED DRASTICALLY! I wonder it's the relocation of the PC and foams placed under them? Or it might be the relocation of my RCA cable. I kept it away from stock power cables and molex connectors from PSU. Donno.... the good thing is that humming noise is almost gone from the right speaker.

My PC's video card was making a bit of fan noise and I was able to hear it easily. Now that the PC is tugged inside the cabinet I can't hear it... Now guess what? The power supply that's sitting on top of the cabinet is making fan noise. It's kind of annoying!
    Last edited by cheezy; 07-11-2013 at 12:32 PM.

pepster

I LOL'd thinking about Patrick taking 6 months to build a power cable, and supposedly spending thousands on materials, yet had to post all over the net to ask everyone if it is possible for his power cable to blow up an amp.

Maybe invest in a quieter fan?
    I believe there are some ultra quiet ones available, that are reasonably priced.

I LOL'd thinking about Patrick taking 6 months to build a power cable, and supposedly spending thousands on materials, yet had to post all over the net to ask everyone if it is possible for his power cable to blow up an amp.

Maybe invest in a quieter fan?
    I believe there are some ultra quiet ones available, that are reasonably priced.
    Inflation has wrecked the play-dough market. I wanted to get my kid some, but I just don't think I can afford to spend that much on a child's toy.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

pepster

I was looking around the deli at a local grocery store the other day, and they had edible Play Doh (labeled as such), it was "Cream Cheeze Play Doh", I LOL'd!

How is the PC power cord going to affect sound when you have to worry about all the other RFI inside the case of your computer? Namely from your video card, cpu, ram, etc. All unshielded. Also your pc has no cover, making it non UL rated, no EMI/RFI shielding. I know you're just a troll but be a bit less ostentatious about it.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    How is the PC power cord going to affect sound when you have to worry about all the other RFI inside the case of your computer? Namely from your video card, cpu, ram, etc. All unshielded.
    It will introduce less noise into the system to begin with if Patrick's power cable is connected to the PC's power supply. Yes RFI/EMI will still exist from the components themselves but it will be much less compared to stock power cables connected to the power supply as they do no noise cleaning. And it's not just cleaning noise but the sound will change with the cable altogether.

Also your pc has no cover, making it non UL rated, no EMI/RFI shielding. I know you're just a troll but be a bit less ostentatious about it.
    It seems to work fine. I think my wine storage cabinet is acting as a shield or something. I don't seem to get loss in SQ. And the humming sound is reduced drastically.

Cheezy

Sure is a nice $5 surge protector you got there.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    lol.....GOOD point! You'd think someone with his "means" to buy those expensive cables would have a top of the line surge protector ehh?

And cheezwhiz...why do you keep speaking of yourself in the third person? And why do you keep posting pics of that rinky dink computer?
    --Gary--

Then why not power it from a battery?
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Banned

I didn't even pay for it. I stole it from my Dad's house. I think he paid more than that though.

It really doesn't matter though. I won't be using the powerstrip for my audio gear (speakers and PC). As you can see my White Night Power 5M cable is connected directly from wall outlet to the left speaker. White Night Power 2M cable directly from wall outlet to the right speaker. The Unreal Power 5M cable will connect directly from wall outlet to PC's power supply! No powerstrip. I will use that to power external USB hard drive and USB hub so I can hook up cameras and such. Going through powerstrip alters the sound negatively (compressed sound). IIRC, it thins the bass and overall quality of the sound. Maximum performance going straight from wall to the components. That's how I was taught by Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by halo71 View Post
    lol.....GOOD point! You'd think someone with his "means" to buy those expensive cables would have a top of the line surge protector ehh?
    Who says you have to buy everything else expensive? It's called a smart buy. Get something that benefits sound the most. Expensive / high-end power conditioner ruins the sound. Not good. You'll be better off with just a simple powerstrip.

And cheezwhiz...why do you keep speaking of yourself in the third person? And why do you keep posting pics of that rinky dink computer?
    Cause I like it. I think it's neat.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    Then why not power it from a battery?
    Good point. I have never tried it. I don't know. I'll ask Patrick about it to see what he thinks.

Hopefully I should get some surprise tomorrow morning when I check tracking info on web. It better be in my town by then... Otherwise my weekend will be ruined.

Cheezy
    Last edited by cheezy; 07-11-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    Who says you have to buy everything else expensive? It's called a smart buy. Get something that benefits sound the most. Expensive / high-end power conditioner ruins the sound. Not good. You'll be better off with just a simple powerstrip.
    Ahh gotcha. A $5 surge potector is a good buy. So what is a multi thousand dollar power cable on a little computer considered?

EDIT: Damnit....I said I was done feeding the troll and yet I posted again. This time I AM done!
    --Gary--

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by halo71 View Post
    Ahh gotcha. A $5 surge potector is a good buy. So what is a multi thousand dollar power cable on a little computer considered?
    I mean for folks who must feel the need to have a powerstrip for their audio gear. I am one of the few out there that doesn't use powerstrip for audio. I know that a lot of audiophile guys that spend $50k~ 100k on systems spend big bucks on power conditioners too. It's really not giving them benefit in sound (actually hurting) other than protecting their hardware from power surge I suppose.

Cheezy
    Last edited by cheezy; 07-11-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    I mean for folks who must feel the need to have a powerstrip for their audio gear. I am one of the few out there that doesn't use powerstrip for audio. I know that a lot of audiophile guys that spend $50k~ 100k on systems spend big bucks on power conditioners too. It's really not giving them benefit in sound (actually hurting) other than protecting their hardware from power surge I suppose.

Cheezy
    And all you are doing is proving how little you truly know about the properties of electricity. The above quote is a pretty good indicator that you aren't just drinking the Kool-Aid, but you have been mainlining it.

If you want actual knowledge on the subject, try reading some of the threads from Glen B and Darqueknight here. They have most likely forgotten more about electricity than Patrick will ever know.

A power conditioner can mean the difference between the top "clean" sine wave and the bottom
    dirty" sine wave.
    And I am pretty sure that your house is still using the $1.99 outlets that were put in the walls when the house/apartment was built along with what is most likely a 14/2 cabling in the walls on a 15 amp circuit shared with every other wall outlet in that room.

Last edited by ZLTFUL; 07-11-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Why doesn't Patrick use his alien technology to make a power conditioner that works? Used with his power cords, that would be an awesome combination, and I am sure many would be happy to easily spend $500,000 to $1,000,000 for that. If he autographed them then they would be worth even more.

Banned

And all you are doing is proving how little you truly know about the properties of electricity. The above quote is a pretty good indicator that you aren't just drinking the Kool-Aid, but you have been mainlining it.

If you want actual knowledge on the subject, try reading some of the threads from Glen B and Darqueknight here. They have most likely forgotten more about electricity than Patrick will ever know.

A power conditioner can mean the difference between the top "clean" sine wave and the bottom
    dirty" sine wave.
    And I am pretty sure that your house is still using the $1.99 outlets that were put in the walls when the house/apartment was built along with what is most likely a 14/2 cabling in the walls on a 15 amp circuit shared with every other wall outlet in that room.

But how do we know that smoothing sine wave means good for sound? It may be (actually is) doing noise cleaning with the expensive power conditioners but it may be cleaning the wrong thing. According to Patrick those units cause music to sound veiled and compressed? Furthermore, the power conditioner creates its own electrical noise due to the power it generates. It generates noise and tries to clean it at the same time and cleaning the wrong thing. That's why the sound gets worse. I suspect many people who buy aftermarket cables and nice power conditioners but they don't seem to get great results. They blame the cables claiming that they don't make music better. Doesn't mean there's no change in sound, but a change for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Why doesn't Patrick use his alien technology to make a power conditioner that works? Used with his power cords, that would be an awesome combination, and I am sure many would be happy to easily spend $500,000 to $1,000,000 for that. If he autographed them then they would be worth even more.
    He has it. It's called White Night Power Distributor 2.5m. The price tag was $50k. And I bought it, but I never received it... waited for 3 months. Nothing... USPS lost my package. :(

I checked my shipping status and see no change so far. It still shows same location as I posted last time.

Cheezy
    Last edited by cheezy; 07-12-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Banned

Welp, it's not coming today guys. Tracking Status:

Express Mail International®
    Processed Through Sort Facility
    July 11, 2013, 12:41 am
    ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Maybe it will get here on Monday....

Cheezy

Thread Information