Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    But how do we know that smoothing sine wave means good for sound? It may be (actually is) doing noise cleaning with the expensive power conditioners but it may be cleaning the wrong thing. According to Patrick those units cause music to sound veiled and compressed? Furthermore, the power conditioner creates its own electrical noise due to the power it generates. It generates noise and tries to clean it at the same time and cleaning the wrong thing. That's why the sound gets worse. I suspect many people who buy aftermarket cables and nice power conditioners but they don't seem to get great results. They blame the cables claiming that they don't make music better. Doesn't mean there's no change in sound, but a change for worse.

He has it. It's called White Night Power Distributor 2.5m. The price tag was $50k. And I bought it, but I never received it... waited for 3 months. Nothing... USPS lost my package. :(

I checked my shipping status and see no change so far. It still shows same location as I posted last time.

Cheezy
    I am pretty sure that I will go with the PhDs in electrical engineering over Patrick's "knowledge" and your suspicions any day.
    What you are saying is that a clean sine wave may veil or compress the sound.
    Which is completely and unabashedly incorrect.
    What you are saying is a dirty sine wave will "improve" the quality of music.
    Which again is completely incorrect.

That's like saying a ground loop hum is beneficial to sound.
    Again, incorrect.

Your ignorance is costing you more money than you will ever admit.

Anyway, I am done with you. You get to enjoy all the benefits of my ignore list because nothing you say contributes. And most of what you say is flat out misinformation.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Just a thought here... is is possible that the reason Ken lets this crap play out is because Mr. Swauger and Mr. Cheesydoodle are one and the same? Not trying to stir the pot here but....
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    What you are saying is that a clean sine wave may veil or compress the sound.
    No that's not what I meant. It maybe cleaning the noise on the wrong thing, not for music. Smooth sine wave will make the music silky but that is just one tiny aspect of the audio. And there is more to it than just sine wave that determines how the music sounds. This is very powerful mother nature and is more complex than the scientists / engineers think.

One of the analogies I could think of is that, scientists think 1 + 1 = 2 right? So you will get sound quality of 2. Well in analog side of the world the 2 could sound good or bad. There are different kinds of 2. What I'm saying is that there is a lot more going on beside 1 + 1. Almost everything is analog and there are some things that can't be explained with today's scientific equipment. This is why Patrick uses his ears to determine sound quality out of given hardware components.

What you are saying is a dirty sine wave will "improve" the quality of music.
    No that's not what I said. Please read my comment above.

That's like saying a ground loop hum is beneficial to sound.
    I didn't say that either. I think you are jumping to conclusion a little too fast.

Cheezy
    Last edited by cheezy; 07-12-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Cheezy, what brand of toilet paper does Patrick recommend you use? Does it clean better than say, Charmin Ultra? Just curious because I'm looking to upgrade mine and he seems to be a very intelligent and straight shooting type of person.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.

I think I'll leave this thread now. It's time for it to die.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by decal View Post
    Cheezy, what brand of toilet paper does Patrick recommend you use? Does it clean better than say, Charmin Ultra? Just curious because I'm looking to upgrade mine and he seems to be a very intelligent and straight shooting type of person.
    Try Scotch brand industrial strength 50grit sandpaper. It's highly effective and you only need one sheet. Be sure to use only pure isopropyl rubbing alcohol to finish the job for best results.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Thread Information