Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    I have experienced this before with Amazon. I do not believe they will ship until October 1st as it states on their site. I may be incorrect however, but that's how it's gone for me in the past............
    WELL that just sucks!! I already preordered there and waited this long so I guess it just SUCKS for me
    still waiting

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    WELL that just sucks!! I already preordered there and waited this long so I guess it just SUCKS for me
    still waiting
    I hear ya pittdogg2. On the positive side, you got a discount on the SACD.

If you don't want to wait, you can see if you can cancel your order through amazon and put one in with AF. You will be paying more for the SACD however, but you will have it in a couple days.
    Last edited by headrott; 09-16-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Well looks like the original polygram Cd will do fine till.....October somethingish

It's here! I haven't listened to it yet, but I will repost after I do......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rush- Hemishperes 287.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	89916Click image for larger version

Name:	Rush- Hemishperes 288.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	89917

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Liked RUSH since the late 70s.
    Samsung PN60E6500
    Denon AVR-E300
    Mains: LSI9s
    Center: LSIC
    Surrounds: LSIFX
    Subs: Two Atlas 12's with Rythmik 350W amps in ported 95L box.
    Power: Monster 2600 power conditioner

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    It's here! I haven't listened to it yet, but I will repost after I do......

Attachment 89916Attachment 89917
    Can't wait to hear the review on this one! I'm going to go home and spin Hemispheres on vinyl when I get off work. Damn, am I off yet?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Looking forward to hearing your impressions, Greg. I just checked the status for mine, shipping estimate is October 7 from amazon.

Sorry guys, I think the soonest I will be able to listen is on Saturday. I will definately let you guys know after I do.

Greg, so what? Quit teasing us. How is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Greg, so what? Quit teasing us. How is it?
    LOL! Sorry, didn't listen until tonight. I only listened to "Circumstances" and "La Villa Strangiato". The sound is definately the best I've heard! Especially Neil Peart's drums sound phenominal on "La Villa Strangiato"! The tonality is phenominal! Soundstage is good and detail is through the roof! Little cymbals and bells are heard that I did not hear before. I will say it's definately as well mastered as the Blade Runner Soundtrack. And that's saying something!

Hope that helps. I still want to hear the rest of the album, and I will let you guys know after I do.

Cool! Really looking forward to hearing it myself. One of my favorite classic Rush albums. Are you comparing it to the Blade Runner SACD? I picked that one up on red vinyl and it's outstanding.

amazon still has mine shipping Oct 7. :p

Yeah, compared to the Blade Runner SACD. It's great! You'll love it. Amazon is good 'cause it's cheap, but they obviously take a while to get new releases shipped out. Oh well, you'll love it when you get it Mike.

GREG you are killing me:) Very glad to hear this news on the mastering I'm just salivating here....The 10/7 date is just around the corner but it sure seems like 5 months away...

GREG you are killing me:) Very glad to hear this news on the mastering I'm just salivating here....The 10/7 date is just around the corner but it sure seems like 5 months away...
    Sorry. :) Yeah, you'll have it before you know it.......

What pittdog said. I hope this is just a preview and more of the classic Rush albums will be released on SACD.

Received an email from amazon today that my copy has shipped. Psyched!

Nice Mike! Let us know what you think after you give a listen.

+1 Mine is also on the way. I will be comparing it to the LP I bought when it came out originally.

lucky guy mine said " we're sorry to inform you that somehow we made a mistake with the CC info could you use another or resubmit"
    so I resubmitted now it is a waiting game....

lucky guy mine said " we're sorry to inform you that somehow we made a mistake with the CC info could you use another or resubmit"
    so I resubmitted now it is a waiting game....
    That bites! Just checked the status on amazon, looks like they're back-ordered 1-3 weeks. Anyway, scheduled delivery for mine is October 4th. Hang in there, dogg.

That bites! Just checked the status on amazon, looks like they're back-ordered 1-3 weeks. Anyway, scheduled delivery for mine is October 4th. Hang in there, dogg.
    mine said that today we'll both be sitting back with a large smile across the face Friday....

Good news guys! Please let us know what you think after listening.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Here's the question for me - how much better is it than the 24-bit HDTracks version that I already own? I've got enough of Steve Hoffman's stuff to know that the guy is a magician.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Sorry Neil, someone else will have to answer this one as I don't own any downloaded HD tracks. I wanted to clarify that this SACD was mastered by Kevin Gray (not Steve Hoffman). It sounds phenominal though. I will say that unless the mastering of the HD Track is as well done as this one, I would buy it. Also, you have a physical disc that you own too. That's my take on it.

My copy arrived yesterday and I got a chance to listen to it twice. SQ is very good. I'm hearing a lot of subtleties I never noticed before. Particularly in Neil's percussion. Also, saved a couple extra bucks on amazon's low price guarantee. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

THIS IS AN AWESOME SACD ....nuff said!! Thanks Greg for the heads up
    Now lets bring out the rest of the early stuff. I'm thinking Fly by night and Caress of Steel would round it out nicely

Member Sales Rating: (20)

So is this the one and only SACD of this album? Wanna make sure I"m ordering the right one.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Yes, there is only one SACD of Hemisphere's. The one done by Audio Fidelity. Here is a link to the Amazon listing:

http://www.amazon.com/Hemispheres-Ru...mispheres+sacd

I thought it was a bit bass shy. Mids and highs were cleaner vs the lp. The bass on the lp I also thought was shy. So while I do think the sacd sounds better vs the lp I think both are bass shy. I wish they had bass like moving pictures!

Thread Information