Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    pepster

Default Soooo.....anyone own this one?

Found this CD today, $1 still sealed, so I thought why not.
    I never really associated Steve Miller with mind altering drug usage (LSD) as I had only heard his latter stuff, but boy after listening to this one, I have changed my view.

Weird, but still pretty decent, and the recordings themselves are engineered really, really well.

Not too bad considering the free "buzz" you get listening to this one.
    Last edited by pepster; 07-10-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

That was a good find. Where did you get it Salvation Army?

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    That was a good find. Where did you get it Salvation Army?
    Pawnshop.
    I have never heard Steve Miller playing psychedelic stuff before (some bluesy stuff on here also), and I was shocked at first, but if you listen to it a couple of times, it grows on ya.

The recordings themselves are engineered/mixed VERY well, which surprised me!

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I love the song "Your Saving Grace". My favorite Steve Miller song for sure........
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

I have a couple of his pre The Joker releases. Very good stuff...good find for a buck!!
    dave

Monitor 4, 5, 7c, 10a, 10a, 10b
    SDA 2b, CRS

Hey Pep, Steve Miller is from Milwaukee where Les Paul used to go to his parent's home when he was growing up. He went to University of Wisconsin and was in some blues bands in the mid-60's then moved to Chicago and eventually San Francisco I believe around the summer of love. There's no way he couldn't've been tripping his brains out at that time. He's got both really good blues and also psychedelic stuff in his background, then he went pop. The Joker, Jungle Love, Abracadabra and all that. Made some dough. He still tours, saw him a few years back at Summerfest in Milwaukee and he played a lot of blues from his real old stuff, mixed with greatest hits. I still like his old stuff, Sailor for instance. He's the real deal. You got a great find.

I'll have to look for that on Vinyl....

I was lucky enough to see him play live in an amphitheater sometime during the mid-90s. 20 minute 12-string guitar solo during one of the songs was definitely the highlight of highlights.
    Denon AVR 3312CI
    Monitor 70s 30s CS2
    PSW110

pepster

After listening to it many times, I would rescind the psychedelic/LSD remark I made.
    It may be the fact that I never actually heard his earlier stuff, although I thought the stuff I had heard was in fact his earlier stuff.

This one was a little different to what I was used to hearing from him, yet after some time, I have and do really enjoy this one.

It grows on ya, and would be a good addition to his better known releases.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Hey Pep, Steve Miller is from Milwaukee where Les Paul used to go to his parent's home when he was growing up. He went to University of Wisconsin and was in some blues bands in the mid-60's then moved to Chicago and eventually San Francisco I believe around the summer of love. There's no way he couldn't've been tripping his brains out at that time. He's got both really good blues and also psychedelic stuff in his background, then he went pop. The Joker, Jungle Love, Abracadabra and all that. Made some dough. He still tours, saw him a few years back at Summerfest in Milwaukee and he played a lot of blues from his real old stuff, mixed with greatest hits. I still like his old stuff, Sailor for instance. He's the real deal. You got a great find.
    I've got a VCR tape I recorded back in the late 80's of Les Paul and friends and Steve Miller was on it. I used to have a few of The Steve Miller Band cassette tapes back before he went pop, good stuff.

Man does that bring me back. Cruising around in my beat-up 62 Caddy convertible, bar hoping with my buddies. Great tunes for sure
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ished...Almost
    Center: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, H-Nuts, BH5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Member Sales Rating: (3)

"somebody get me a cheeseburger!" .

Thread Information