Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Default Randy Travis in DEEP trouble this time...

The country legend suffered a heart attack brought on by a viral infection, and was admitted to the hospital in critical condition. He was recovering a bit, but today suffered a stroke while in the ICU... As I type this he is still in surgery.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...e-doctors-say/
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Its sad. I listened to him quite a bit when i was younger. Still do at times. I was surprised to hear that he is only 54.
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Marantz CD5001, [/COLOR]

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    The country legend suffered a heart attack brought on by a viral infection, and was admitted to the hospital in critical condition. He was recovering a bit, but today suffered a stroke while in the ICU... As I type this he is still in surgery.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...e-doctors-say/
    Man, I saw that, and I really like ALOT of his music, pretty young also (I think I am around his age?).

I'll be next you will be reading about!

Nope, never mind, I decided I am living forever!

pepster

he is only 54
    He is quiet a bit older than me (5 years).

I have at least have 2-5 (hopefully alot more) left after the life I have lead, I can only imagine, the life he has lead!

Thanks for changing the subject John much appreciated, but memories last, always!
    Last edited by pepster; 07-11-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by pepster View Post

I at least have 2-5 left after the life I have lead, I can only imagine, the life he has lead!

Thanks for changing the subject John much appreciated, but memories last, always!
    Well we are about the same age pep. Just turned 48 in june. Starting to feel it too. Respect brudda!
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Marantz CD5001, [/COLOR]

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by pepster View Post

I have at least have 2-5 (hopefully alot more) left after the life I have lead, I can only imagine, the life he has lead!

Soon as I "Sober Up" according to Deron, I will realize what is going on!
    Hopefully tomorrow!

Member Sales Rating: (8)

I've been following this story very closely, as I am a big fan of Randy and his music. I am deeply concerned, and I am praying that he'll pull through this and make a full recovery.

Randy will go down in history as one of the all-time great voices in country music, and he had a big part in bringing back the traditional country sound in the eighties.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

as soon as i sober up, im gonna quit drinking

Said a few prayers for him and spun the three LP's I have today. What a trip down memory lane that was. His talents opened my eyes to an entirely new path of music appreciation. I saw him perform at the Minnesota State Fair more than 15 years ago. He
    's not the most energetic of performers, but then again, he didn't need to be. He had a kind of swagger to him that immediately made you think of Hank Williams and some of the other legends.

I hop he pulls through and I am able to see him perform once again.
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    Randy will go down in history as one of the all-time great voices in country music, and he had a big part in bringing back the traditional country sound in the eighties.

Nope he has lived tooooo looooonnngg

yes on the second part, but he may well now be known more for his drunk escapades people only remember the last thing you did.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Nope he has lived tooooo looooonnngg
    Are you saying you hope he dies??? That's what it looks like to me, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Are you saying you hope he dies??? That's what it looks like to me, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Please clarify.
    nope not at all... My comment was more to that fact that all the GREATS seem to have died between 27-29y.o.
    So that is why i said he has lived too long to be known for that all time great voice.

lol... I did not get all that from the rather short length of your post. I guess reading between the lines is not my strong suit.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Get well Randy!
    Carl

His voice always reminds me of Charley Pride, and that's a good thing.

Randy has left the hospital, and is now in a physical therapy facility. Continued prayers for a full recovery...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/showbi...sed/index.html
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Continued recovery would be a good thing for country music.

Thread Information