Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default 21st century problems or tech inept

Hi guys ,I'm sure by now you know I'm no master of this here machine that I type on and anything connected to it w/ posting pics (but getting better at it ) .New problem that's been haunting me for ages now. I have a Yamaha dock and 3RD gen I-Pod that seems to work fine both through the avr and even when I run it through the tuner section of the Onkyo pre. My probelm is that I have some 350 songs and albums in my I-tunes library and have both synced and shuffled multiple times. Problem is I keep hearing the same 40 or so songs time and again and have no idea how to hear all the tunes in this library of mine.W/O goofing on me how do I get to hear all my tunes I have stored. Again it's not on repeat,on shuffle ,on songs and same grouping keeps coming up.Someone suggested that I have to create my own playlists and I serously have no idea how to do that either.

It's going to be tough if you are as technically inept as you claim.

So, by way of explanation, shuffle isn't really a shuffle in iTunes/on your iPod.

If you are in a particular artist and select shuffle, it will *only* shuffle songs by that artist. Same gies for genre, etc. You have to be in the "Songs" menu to shuffle all songs.
    Another problem is in iTunes, there is a option for individual songs called "Skip when shuffling". If this option is checked in iTunes, the setting follows the song onto your iPod.
    Also, when in iTunes, see if you have the option "play higher rated songs more often" checked. That setting also follows over to your iPod.

But I have found that when things really start getting too frequently played, doing a full restore on my iPod resets all those settings on the device and I don't have those problems again for some time.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

ZLTFUL, For a minute a thought I did it going back I made some new grag and drop drop playlists, then went into the control section top left and followed the promts and did a master restore and resync. None of the new stuff I tried to load happened and the same stuff is still playing away right now. I know I'm missing one or 2 minor steps ,this is bugging the crap out of me. Thanks for the try, I need some kid over here who can show me the way to enlightenment.....

Thread Information