Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Post Interesting obit on Bose

I would like to read what he thinks of Monster.

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...r-bose-dead-83

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Great obit, hit the nail on the head. That man and his company have caused millions to suffer with crappy sound.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (1)

LMAO! "I never went into business to make money"
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Great read. For some reason I laughed at:
    "I attend an industry event and run into a guy I know who worked then at JBL. He says to me “I read that computer speaker piece in The New York Times. Nice work, but you know, you’re never going to write for them again.”.... it wasn’t sufficiently respectful of the ‘B word'. "[/I]

The imagery of this conversation is a bit funny, albeit sad. Is that bad of me? It reminds me of the movie, "Jerry Maguire".
    Last edited by maximillian; 07-18-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Great read! Especially enjoyed the reader's comments and Fremer's replies.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Great article and right on the mark. Thanks for sharing.

I particularly liked the following: "Everything that company (Bose) ever did and is likely to ever do was and will be all about making money and very little about making good sound."

Live your life the way you want to be remembered. I see no disrespect in the truth.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

I missed this one last week, good read. I still find it interesting how so many spend so much money and enjoy the "BOSE" sound. Forget the marketing...what about ones own ears?

Like I was pointing to in the other thread...
    I really think Dr Bose's research revealed that the average person with money in his pocket does not have a clue about what accurate sound is. Which is funny because I remember the early days of the acoustimass system....when the dealers had the system behind a curtain. They would play regular box speakers then play the Bose, then flip the curtain back then ask if you will be paying by check, cash, or charge. When I saw the price I was not impressed with the price to performance....we are talking from around late 80's and on....
    Last edited by WLDock; 07-24-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday???
    OPPO 105 | Cary or Rogue Audio tube Preamp | Parasound HALO A21 amp | DIY Mini Statements towers

Member Sales Rating: (55)

Quote Originally Posted by WLDock View Post
    I missed this one last week, good read. I still find it interesting how so many spend so much money and enjoy the "BOSE" sound. Forget the marketing...what about ones own ears?

Like I was pointing to in the other thread...
    I really think Dr Bose's research revealed that the average person with money in his pocket does not have a clue about what accurate sound is. Which is funny because I remember the early days of the acoustimass system....when the dealers had the system behind a curtain. They would play regular box speakers then play the Bose, then flip the curtain back then ask if you will be paying by check, cash, or charge. When I saw the price I was not impressed with the price to performance....we are talking from around late 80's and on....
    Were the "regular box speakers" facing toward the listeners or were they front baffle down on the floor when the curtain was lifted?
    Were the regular box speakers being powered by a competent amp or the Acoustimass module?
    If it was a competent amp, were the speaker cables long enough to reach the speakers? If so, were they wired in phase?
    Were the "regular box speakers" Panasonic "Thrusters" driven by a Panasonic amp with RCA jack type speaker outputs?

Something's just not right there.

Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Were the "regular box speakers" facing toward the listeners or were they front baffle down on the floor when the curtain was lifted?
    Were the regular box speakers being powered by a competent amp or the Acoustimass module?
    If it was a competent amp, were the speaker cables long enough to reach the speakers? If so, were they wired in phase?
    Were the "regular box speakers" Panasonic "Thrusters" driven by a Panasonic amp with RCA jack type speaker outputs?
    Something's just not right there.
    What's not right? I know us enthusist hear sound different but there is no investigation needed. Ages ago when the Acoustimass system came out one of the last local chain appliance/electronic stores in MI that had sales staff that worked on commission sold the speakers. They were called called Highland Appliance - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Superstore this was back in the days when there was still such a thing called customer service and the sales staff would not let you out the door until they could beat your best deal!
    Anyway, the speakers were behind a fake curtain/speaker wall with the purpose of fooling the mind into thinking larger speakers were playing. I know I am not the only one that remembers this? Wait, they still use this trick in some of their Bose stores: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi...se-demo-story/

I'm sure they sold many sets based off this demo alone back in the day....and today as well. Not all ears are created equal and not all are easily fooled.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday???
    OPPO 105 | Cary or Rogue Audio tube Preamp | Parasound HALO A21 amp | DIY Mini Statements towers

Member Sales Rating: (49)

That was a great read, he should have teamed up with Monster, then we could have the best of both worlds..

Bose Monster Sound Wave System..

If you don't like it, I sue you..
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Theres a show called "For What its worth", hosted by BaBa Booey from the stern show, and a friend of his.

Its all about collectors and their collections, with a pretty heavy emphasis on music collectors, vinyl and plastic.

They shot a piece with Jack White at his record business in nashville, spent time with a guy who had a sho nuff warehouse FULL of his vinyl collection and others.

Well, the other night, they spent some time in Fremers basement, listening to his big ugly wilson speakers, and choosing from several TTs costing well over a hundred thousand bucks each, then comparing the sound to a very expensive cdp run through a dac that involved four different modules.

The song used on the air was The Thompson Twins, "In the name of love".

The vinyl blew away the cd as far as richness and exposing sounds neither had ever heard even though they were fans, and had listened to their own copys many times.

For that money, I would certainly hope one could hear a difference, of course watching on tv was useless to get any impression of the sound they heard, but it was interesting to see michael Fremers basement rig.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Thread Information