Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default non-political opinion on Zimmerman/Trayvon

No politics here and I'm not taking sides, but here are some lessons we should all learn from the Zimmerman/Trayvon case:

1. Don't be a volunteer vigilante with a loaded gun
    2. If you do volunteer to be a vigilante then maybe you should carry a loaded gun
    3. Don't mouth off to creepy strangers
    4. Don't punch creepy strangers
    5. If you are from Miami gardens don't look like you are from Miami Gardens while walking through a gated upscale community, especially if you don't have a gun, body guard, Mom present, or an attorney present.
    6. It's sometimes better to run like hell than turn to fight
    7. It's sometimes good to listen to the police when they tell you to do something
    8. Get a good lawyer if you get into trouble, always.
    9. Tell the truth
    10. Keep your mouth shut
    11. Stay out of trouble
    12. Don't look for trouble
    13. Communicate better, for instance "I think you are a crook that's why I'm following you and I have a loaded gun" or "I only want to get home to papa with my skittles and I'm not a crook although you may think I am".
    14. Sometimes tragedies are faulted on many sides, not just one.
    15. Pre-record yourself screaming now and post to the cloud, it may come in handy one day.

There is already a closed thread on this subject, so please don't shoot this one down with excessive one sided political views.

Polk Audio SDA CRS+ (4.1TL by Trey, Larry's Rings)-
    SDA SRS2-Parasound HCA1500ax2/1000
    Yamaha xa1000-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround back
    NHTsuper1's surround
    Nad2700-sub, AdcomGFA-555 -Magnepan SMG
    Parasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
    Marantz 2230/B&Kst140- outdoor B&W/Bose/Parasound/KefC75/c40/Polksub
    Technics 1200mk2
    Gamertag: IslandBerserker
    I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I think this whole tragedy boils down to an over-zealous neighborhood watch guy, and punk kid looking for trouble. I believe, given what we know, that the jury ruled correctly in this particular situation. "Beyond a reasonable doubt" is a darn tough standard, I know, I was on a jury in a self-defense case.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Don't be hopped up on Ice Tea and Skittles, and for absolutely no reason at all, decide to start a fight with some stranger. Of course, a reasonable person would wonder why somebody would, for absolutely no reason at all, decide to start an unprovoked fight with a stranger.

Another thing to consider, as "fall-out" from this case, is our (in)ability to protect ourselves without being prosecuted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    ....and punk kid looking for trouble.
    You mean "stand his ground"?

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    I think this whole tragedy boils down to an over-zealous neighborhood watch guy, and punk kid looking for trouble.
    Agreed. It seems like both guys should have acted differently, and it's a shame on both sides.

Member Sales Rating: (28)

What's the point of yet another thread on this subject?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Don't be hopped up on Ice Tea and Skittles, and for absolutely no reason at all, decide to start a fight with some stranger. Of course, a reasonable person would wonder why somebody would, for absolutely no reason at all, decide to start an unprovoked fight with a stranger.
    The autopsy shows "lean" or "drank" in Martin's system which is what the street kids call mixing Robitussin DM and the like with ice Tea or punch etc."Experts" say that small doses make you dopey but large doses have an opposite effect.
    Both went to far.
    That said,if a stranger was in my neighborhood and attacked me I would do whatever it takes to stop them.
    Now we have kids getting pretty bold out there and it's going to end with more dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Tse View Post
    You mean "stand his ground"?
    Dan, you have to be the one being assaulted before you can stand your ground. While nobody knows the details, the evidence seems to suggest Trayvon attacked Zimmerman--and afterall, jury's have to use evidence, not conjecture. "Stand your Ground" wasn't used in this case; however, many believe had Zimmerman stood before a Stand your Ground council, he would have never been charged.

This case SHOULD have been referred to a Grand Jury first, but political correctness injected itself into this, and the "circus" ensued. This is what happens when procedure is ignored for the sake of "emotions."

Had Trayvon Martin survived his injury, he likely would have been tried as a defendant in an assault case. Think about the implications of that.
    Last edited by steveinaz; 07-18-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Those that shall live by the sword, will die by the sword....

Treyvon picked a fight against another with superior firepower and lost. He was the aggressor here and not the other way around. Had he lived, as pointed out, he would now be a convicted felon. I feel for his parents and their loss. It must be hard to accept that your own flesh and blood won't be there because they stupidly chose to walk the wrong path, and did so against all that you taught them about right and wrong.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Dumb thread, especially given the fact you are aware that the other one was closed.

So move on....

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Treyvon picked a fight against another with superior firepower and lost. He was the aggressor here and not the other way around.
    I guess people that have no clue because they were not there won't stop providing their oh so important opinions.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Does anyone think that TM would have thrown a punch at a 6'4" 245 lb. marine? There seems to be some some recent talk coming out of Jenteal that TM thought he was being stalked by a gay predator... just talk, but everyone seems to be wanting to weigh the case based on talk and not the fact that TM had plenty of time to run the 150 feet home to his dad's house in the 4 minutes of time that he had between hanging up the phone and when he punched GZ in the face, was he out to beat the S out of a what he thought was a "Creepy ass (gay) cracka"?

Where is the equal investigation into TM's history of his behavior to determine if he is anti-gay or anti-white, or if he was a gangsta? It is terrible to listen to people argue that TM is innocent in the whole mess... It is a tragedy, but none of this happens if he goes home in time he had or he didn't punch GZ in that face and start beating on him.

While no one wants to see anybody killed like this in any way, politically this is being played to be something where TZ's civil rights were violated b/c he was black... If that is the way people who really don't give an S want to play it for their political gain, there is nothing that I can say that will stop them, but ask yourself this.

if our justice department is so interested in the "truth" about a senseless death, then why did the president invoke executive privelage in the senate investigation of Brian Terry's death when he was killed by guns that Eric Holder's Justice Department illegally put in to the hands of Mexican Drug lords? Black Attorney General, Black President, White guy dead... Racism? Where is the outrage? Where is the DOJ Hotline number to call in to complain? If somebody has it please post it cuz i wanna call!!

Just sayin'
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I guess people that have no clue because they were not there won't stop providing their oh so important opinions.
    I. Just call em like I see them. The jury wasn't there either, yet they arrived at the same conclusion. Could have and should both parties done things differently? I can't speculate because I wasn't there, but the known facts support my position. The jury saw that too.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

And that is why OJ walked. The jury was right.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    And that is why OJ walked. The jury was right.
    O.J. walked because the prosecution team was as incompetent as they were stupid. I am convinced that were it not for letting O.J. try putting on a shrunken bloody glove, the outcome would have been different. The Juice's friend, Robert K, thought so too, and ended their decades long friendship almost immediately after the trial.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Dumbing down of America

Thread Information