Made it back home safely last night after a week in NY.
Thanks to all for the recommendations and suggestions.
Didn't get to do everything I wanted and probably did a bit too much of the "touristy crap", but we had a great time. The weather couldn't have been better except for the brief rain at Battery Park.
We bought a New York Pass before leaving, so most of these attractions were "free." I highly recommend checking it out if visiting. Might not work for you, but it saved us some money.
Here's a list of some of the things we did. Remember, 10yr old boy and 15yr old girl we were trying to keep happy too:
1) Water taxi to Battery Park/Brooklyn Bridge/Statue of Liberty. It's a hop-on/hop-off taxi with 5 stops, so actually pretty cool.
2) 9/11 Memorial
3) Mets vs Braves at Citi-Field
4) Central Park Zoo
5) Walked around Central Park, but didn't spend near enough time here.
6) Empire St. Building
7) Top of the Rock and Tour of Rockefeller Center
8) NBC Studio Tour (My son got to sit behind a news desk and "throw it" to the weatherman)
9) Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge
10) American Museum of Natural History
11) Museum of Modern Art
12) FAO Swartz
13) Dylan's Candy Bar
14) Yankee Stadium Tour (this may say a lot about me, but probably my favorite thing we did. The museum and Monument Park are awesome)
15) Grand Central Terminal
16) Macy's on 34th St.
17) Madison Square Garden
18) Lego Store at Rockefeller Center
19) Spderman at the Foxwood Theater
20) Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum (I wanted to avoid this, but the kids wanted to go. Figures are well done)
21) Wall Street
22) Selena Gomez concert in Central Park (well, my wife and daughter went...my son and I stayed in bed)
Probably missed a few things, but it was a busy week.
I would have liked to have walked around a few of the areas more, but my kids didn't have much interest in that so maybe one of these days I'll go back and do more of that.