Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Yamaha RX-V667 No Picture

How the hell do you get this thing to put out a picture to the TV? I've had my Xbox hooked straight up to my TV but wanted to play around with running it through the reciever. Plugged the Xbox into HDMI 1 and plugged my TV into the HDMI Out and... nothing. No picture. I get sound through the speakers (not TV speakers, speakers hooked up to the reciever) from the Xbox but the picture doesn't go to the TV. Any ideas?

Doesn't seem like an input problem because shouldn't I get Yamaha's on screen settings even without an input?

Also both the reciever and TV say 'ARC'

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Double check your connections and make sure the signal path is correct. Also make sure you've selected the correct source on the TV. In other words, if you have it connected to HDMI 1 on the TV, make sure you've selected the correct source input.

Edit: See if these links are helpful.

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/..._u/10296/7181/

http://hdguru.com/hdmi-audio-return-...dtv-explained/
    Last edited by Keiko; 07-19-2013 at 06:40 AM.

I believe you have to assign each specific input. For example, if you want the AVR to output the display on say video 1, you have to go into the menu and assign the video 1 input to hdmi 1.
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

Member Sales Rating: (16)

How did you have the Xbox hooked up before trying to go thru the AVR?

Was it hooked up via 'analog' cables and you are now switching over to HDMI?

I remember 'borrowing' my kids PS3 that was hooked up to their older TV in the game room using analog cables.

And when switching to HDMI, you had to reset the unit - otherwise the HDMI output wouldn't work...and no picture thru my AVR.

Just tossing some ideas out.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I have the Yamaha 663, make sure you know the HDMI input on the AVR is assigned to such as DVD, DVR ,Blu Ray, Tuner, etc... I know on my setup, I have to go into the menu and choose whether for video I'm using hdmi or component,or analog and on the audio side I have to choose what each assigned input is using like hdmi,digital coax, optical(toslink) or analog. On the remote( at least for mine) I have to push a button that turns red , then push button assigned to whatever I'm wanting to listen to such as DVD,Tuner, DVR, etc...

I have the privious model 665 and I do it a little different .HDMI from cable box to tv then #2 HDMI from tv to output HDMI port of the Yamaha for the onscreen YPAO and an optical toslink for audio. This way can watch silent tv and have tunes at the same time.
    2chl- Adcom 555- Onkyo P-301 pre- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Samson PS-15 9 outlet- Niles Sp 6- 6 zone spkr selector- DCM TF 350s- ADC 303ax-KLH 331- Polk Audio '87 SDA 2Bs w/ ic cable (Dynamat extreme, black hole-5- Mills 0.5 resistor, liquid nails, RDO- 194 tweeters, Larry's rings, Armaflex gaskets, stained walnut tops )

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #500HD Speaker set- Sony ce 375 5 disc carosel cdp-

Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL J2060

The reciever was on the correct input as well as the TV. I tried using different cables, both directions tried. Xbox has always been hooked up with HDMI only difference is straight to TV. I got pissed off and just hooked it back up straight to the TV. I'm not sure how to change the settings you guys are talking about. Don't you need to see the menu on the TV to be able to change these settings? Shouldn't I get the on screen menu even if I have no input but just the HDMI out going to the TV?

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I've found the best thing to do in this case is RTFM, lol, been here done this.

Thread Information