Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Porsche Siting

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Porsche Siting

I thought some of you might enjoy seeing this and find this interesting. I was on vacation last week in Colorado and we were up at the summit of Mount Evans a couple of times at 14,265 ft in elevation. One day there was a caravan of Porsches parked up there. Three of them were 2014 Porsche 918 Spyders. I spoke with one of the Porsche engineers/drivers and he said they were in Colorado for high altitude testing. The sticker price on those things is just under $1,000,000! Here is a poor quality photo I quickly took with my phone as they drove away.

Name:  porsche.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  217.8 KB
    My Stuff

RTi10s, Csi5, RC 65i in wall surrounds, SVS PC-Ultra 13 sub, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, B&K Reference 3220 3 channel amp, Sony KDS-R60XBR2, Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Blu-ray player, Logitech Harmony 1000 remote

Member Sales Rating: (9)

What a job, test driving Porsches in the Rockies.
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Member Sales Rating: (12)

That pic is awesome. I have not yet seen one in person, but I suspect soon enough, given that this is the Land of Shakes and Flakes.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    What a job, test driving Porsches in the Rockies.
    I know. Really sucks doesn't it?!
    My Stuff

RTi10s, Csi5, RC 65i in wall surrounds, SVS PC-Ultra 13 sub, Pioneer Elite VSX-52, B&K Reference 3220 3 channel amp, Sony KDS-R60XBR2, Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Blu-ray player, Logitech Harmony 1000 remote

pepster

14,265 ft in elevation

I have been to 12,900 ft, in the Routt National Forest near Steamboat Springs, and that was unreal.
    I got drunk off 1 shot of whiskey, and giggled as I damn near killed myself skiing back down.

Beautiful car, if I had John's money I would order one!
    Last edited by pepster; 07-22-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Maybe my wife can get up close and personal with one. All you boys down south are going to have an influx of Porsche cars and people. The wife is moving their corporate HQ from here to Atlanta. The new HQ will have a track going threw the building and a Porsche logo that shines into the clouds like the Bat signal. Should be awesome. Some of you guys looking for a job down there should also apply now, they will be hiring and they are a decent company to work for.

Btw- if you had John's money maybe you could get the steering wheel.....maybe. If you want the rest of the car you need F1nut's money.
    Last edited by tonyb; 07-23-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Just the battery charger costs more than a lot of people spend on their entire car.

Around 28K

pepster

Btw- if you had John's money maybe you could get the steering wheel.....maybe. If you want the rest of the car you need F1nut's money.
    If I had Jesse's money, I would have a Bentley Continental GT, 4 wheel drive with a 12" lift kit JUST for my hunting rig!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    HA! Now I need to clean Diet MD off my monitor...

In other news I need sleep as for the past day and a half I have read this thread's title as "Porsche sitting" as in "baby-sitting".....
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    That pic is awesome. I have not yet seen one in person, but I suspect soon enough, given that this is the Land of Shakes and Flakes.
    Shakes and Flakes, as in people that spend enormous amounts of money on cars?
    --Gary--

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

A hybrid supercar should do great with altitute testing as less of its power requires atmosphere, compared to its competition.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I guess it's electric?

I guess they are making them to compete with this car:

http://www.rimac-automobili.com/conc...ntroduction-20

My battery charger was $1300.00. Right now the IRS has forms that allow you to claim 30% of what you spent on EV charging equipment.

https://www.blinknetwork.com/ev-infr...re-tax-credits

Thread Information