Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SDA SRS value?

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default SDA SRS value?

What are these worth? I saw a set do $2700 on ebay. I am not a buyer at $2400 firm. Somebody else go ahead if this is fair. I entertained auditioning these but i know the wife approval factor would not be there.

http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/3947875680.html

Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay.

That being said, at $2400 with no mods, I would be hard pressed to even remotely consider them.
    Figure another $1000+ for updates to the crossovers and the tweeters and suddenly...yeah...
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Thank you for the response. I thought it was a bit high, didn't know how much. Couple that with his "firm" statement and his proclamation that you'll never find another pair like them (paraphrase), I think I'll deep six this from my memory.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

The picture looks familiar, did someone have this CL ad up recently?

Boy id love to own those though :)
    Randy
    HT-SDA1c Yamaha-RXV1-Denon-POA2200-HK DVD25-Cs400i-Monitor4's-Premier Acoustic150
    2ch-SDA2b-ADCOM GFA-555-565-600-555-YaQinCd2-Pioneer PL-630-AKAI GX210d
    Pioneer-SA9800-SG9800-CTF650-TXD1000-RT-909-Monitor11-Peerless
    Marantz-2252b-5025b-6300-YaQinCd1-TeacA4010s-Monitor7
    Yamaha-CR2040-Advent2-TeacA4010s-Monitor7

Yamaha-CA810-CT810----- No Speakers Yet
    Marantz SR1000-Pioneer PM120 workbench set up

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I'm going to play devil's advocate here....

I have all the original accessories, manuals, cables, feet and even the boxes. They are in mint condition and there have been NO modifications
    It is extremely rare these days to find mint SDA's with all the original stuff AND the original boxes. The fact that they haven't been modified can be a huge plus as some of what I've seen done is shameful. That they are local is another huge plus. So, if one is in the market the price really isn't out of line.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (12)

The boxes are cool and all, but who has room for them these days? The WAF on SDA's is already amazingly low, so I can only imagine the conversation about taking over a bedroom to store empty boxes, after domination the living room with a couple refrigerators.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

If those are what the seller claims they are, and if they had been available when I bought my SRS 1.2s a year and a half ago, and if they were within driving distance of my home in NH, I would have bought them in a nanosecond.

That said, none of those conditions was a fact when I was looking, so I spent roughly the same amount -- if you include shipping and packing -- and I didn't get the boxes, manual, etc.

Without shipping and packing, I think the price is high, but not out of the question for a local buyer.

Just my humble, newbie, opinion.

But I coveted a pair of SDA SRSs for 20+ years!
    Family Room
    PS Audio PW MKII DAC, PW Transport; AQ Vodka IC
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Member Sales Rating: (13)

The boxes are cool and all, but who has room for them these days?
    I have every box my gear, including cables, came in and that's a lot of boxes. Most are stored in the attic.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    I have every box my gear, including cables, came in and that's a lot of boxes. Most are stored in the attic.
    So far, ditto.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    The boxes are cool and all, but who has room for them these days? The WAF on SDA's is already amazingly low, so I can only imagine the conversation about taking over a bedroom to store empty boxes, after domination the living room with a couple refrigerators.
    Sorry John, but my GF LOVES... wait, let me bold that - LOVES - SDA's and our 3.1TL's. She has gone on record even to state that they are to never go anywhere.

What you should have offered for advice was for the OP to find a new wife.

Edit: Also, I already have permission to acquire a bigger set of SRS speakers if I want. She also said yes to spare parts. SDA's are one thing but spare parts!!!!

^

Sounds like the next piece of gear you need to buy is a ring Seriously it's nice to have the support of your spouse or significant other.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    I have every box for gear that I bought new, and some for gear that I bought used -- with one dreadful exception -- the boxes for my SDA 1Cs, which I got rid of when we moved to NH from CA. Big, big mistake!

Although I never plan to sell them or to move again!
    Family Room
    PS Audio PW MKII DAC, PW Transport; AQ Vodka IC
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

I do have all my component boxes, but no speaker boxes... Then again, I buy most everything used or build my own.
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    Sorry John, but my GF LOVES... wait, let me bold that - LOVES - SDA's and our 3.1TL's. She has gone on record even to state that they are to never go anywhere.

What you should have offered for advice was for the OP to find a new wife.

Edit: Also, I already have permission to acquire a bigger set of SRS speakers if I want. She also said yes to spare parts. SDA's are one thing but spare parts!!!!
    shes a keeper for sure :)
    Randy
    HT-SDA1c Yamaha-RXV1-Denon-POA2200-HK DVD25-Cs400i-Monitor4's-Premier Acoustic150
    2ch-SDA2b-ADCOM GFA-555-565-600-555-YaQinCd2-Pioneer PL-630-AKAI GX210d
    Pioneer-SA9800-SG9800-CTF650-TXD1000-RT-909-Monitor11-Peerless
    Marantz-2252b-5025b-6300-YaQinCd1-TeacA4010s-Monitor7
    Yamaha-CR2040-Advent2-TeacA4010s-Monitor7

Yamaha-CA810-CT810----- No Speakers Yet
    Marantz SR1000-Pioneer PM120 workbench set up

Quote Originally Posted by TNHNDYMAN View Post
    ^

Sounds like the next piece of gear you need to buy is a ring Seriously it's nice to have the support of your spouse or significant other.
    You and everyone else tell me the same thing. Be 4 years in November.

Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    shes a keeper for sure :)
    Not your typical woman. That's for sure. I'm surprised people haven't asked me about an item that's been posted by me in a photo before.

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    You and everyone else tell me the same thing. Be 4 years in November.

Not your typical woman. That's for sure. I'm surprised people haven't asked me about an item that's been posted by me in a photo before.

4 years is time to put a ring on it, but get a pre-nup that says the SDA's are as much your kids as if you birthed them yourself and ain't going anywhere.

repost the pic and I will be happy to analyze it...

Excellent condition, boxes and everything, original owner, not second hand or some estate sell.
    I'd pay $1800, about half what they cost new.

Member Sales Rating: (24)

well, I sold my modded pair for around 1500 I think. I would opt to go down to Rockford and buy the pair of 1.2TL's the guy has down there for the same price instead of these but I do miss them. They were a good sounding speaker and awesome. They are huge so they do need a larger room to sound their best.
    2 Channel-
    Soundlab M3PX
    BAT VK-31
    Wyred SX1000 monos
    Esoteric DV50
    Dynavector p75 modded phono stage
    Rega P25 modded-Denon 103R Cart
    Squeezebox Touch
    Modded Music Hall DAC Burson op amps
    Richard Grey 600S
    MIT Shotgun IC's and SC

I've never heard a pair of SDAs. I think i should keep it that way, so i am not tempted.

Thread Information