Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default After two and a half weeks we have AC again!

Two and a half weeks ago our home AC died, as in not repairable. The good thing is we have an aftermarket home warranty that we keep pretty much strictly for AC issues. So the AC/furnace unit (gaspack) did it's job for 25 yrs, and after a second opinion (it was still terminal) they agreed to replaced it.

Today was the day!!!!

My out of pocket was a little over a grand on what would've been an 8k plus replacement (that covered the crane, the electrical, and rerouting the gas). I guess it was worth 7k to wait two and a half weeks.

It was still a hot miserable time in Tucson.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Enjoy. Can't imagine Tucson this time of year with no AC.

Damn man my A/C went out last week and I was dying after 24hours. I can't imagine, how hot was it inside?
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Quote Originally Posted by B Run View Post
    Damn man my A/C went out last week and I was dying after 24hours. I can't imagine, how hot was it inside?
    Typically low 90's during the day low 80's at night. One stormy night we got it down to 78, and one hot day we let the blower fan run too long and it got up to 98.

Man that a long stretch without air in AZ.Glad you got it back on the cheap,mine went out a couple years ago.Was not a cheap for a new unit.
    Dan

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Here on the Oregon coast we don't require such things. Funny though....we have to make trips inland quite often....like 50 miles to Salem or Corvallis, and today the temp difference was 30+ degrees. When we left the coast it was totally socked in with fog and windy and colder than ****. We hit Corvallis an hour and a half later and 50 miles away and it was 91, in Salem at around 4:30PM is was 85 and when we hit the coast an hour later it was 55.

HT
    Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, LG 60PK550 plasma, Panasonic DMP-BDT210 BDP, DTV HD receiver, SB Touch, 5 x Polk Audio RC85i
    Computer rig - Windows 7/ JRiver, M2Tech HiFace 2 w/external battery power, Grant Fidelity TubeDac 11, Fostex PMO.4n monitors

But it's a dry heat down there! Wow 2 1/2 weeks glad to hear you survived.

congrats cool daddy
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Member Sales Rating: (1)

7K ?? Ouch !!

This a business or residential ? Getting my A/C and new furnace this weekend. After 38 years, original units, I'd say I got my moneys worth. My price for both....4300. Thing is, both units are still kicking. Probably not the most efficient but what the heck, I have the coin now and why wait until it's 105 degrees out to call someone if it breaks....or 10 below.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

2.5 weeks w/out a/c in in AZ takes big ones. I'd recommend making a swamp cooler for an emergency source in the future. There are plenty of videos on YT on how to make them. It' just be a localized effect, but it would be better than nothing.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Lived in Tucson for a few years a while back...loved it too except for all those snowbirds who clogged up traffic in the winter! Only time I used AC was during the monsoon season which is now! Hey they still have that place named Casa Molina there? Probably the best Margs I've had anywhere!!

I don't think I could survive two weeks in Arizona without AC.

When my parents AC failed quite a few years ago I dropped what I was doing and got them a huge window AC to tide them over.

They would have died without it. Took almost a month to get a new one installed.

Wow!!! This AC is Awesome!!!

If my AC dies again I'll have to go up on the roof (we have a gaspack, AC and furnace in one that's on our two story roof) and fix the swamp cooler that we have that we don't use because, well, we had AC. Everyone in the neighborhood that has replaced the original AC did away with their dual cooling. I may not take the swamper down just in case. But, I expect to have yrs of worry free AC now.

I can tell right now we'll save major bucks over the old 25 yr old system by the way it works and sounds (and the numbers). I can't wait to see how much we'll save on gas in the winter. The furnace part is as efficient as the replacement furnace I spent major bucks on in one of our houses when I spent most of my life in Seattle.

Maybe I can get some cool stuff wit the savings.
    Last edited by Rivrrat; 07-26-2013 at 08:12 PM.

You probably won't save very much on the heating side, closer to 2-3% would be my guess.

The cooling side is where you will save. Sight unseen, best guess will be 15% or more on those summer cooling bills.

Thread Information