Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Which set is better ?

Which is the better speakerAcoustic Research AR 226 PS $130, Polk rt800 $100 , or Polk rt7 $100 ?

One at a time now.

The only one i have heard is the rt800. Very good for ht and not bad for music.
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

I will respond, I own a couple pair of Acoustic Research, and a several pair of Polks. Acoustic Research's glory years ended in the early 80's great speakers, however the newer offerings were subpar. I have heard the Rt7's and thought they sounded pretty good. I have not heard the Rt800's. are you looking for floor standers or smaller bookshelf type speakers. What is your use for these HT or Music? I would pick the Rt7's. You did start a similar thread earlier. Keep us informed on what you choose.

Russman once told me his favorite Polk was the RT7.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Russman once told me his favorite Polk was the RT7.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    I will respond, I own a couple pair of Acoustic Research, and a several pair of Polks. Acoustic Research's glory years ended in the early 80's great speakers, however the newer offerings were subpar. I have heard the Rt7's and thought they sounded pretty good. I have not heard the Rt800's. are you looking for floor standers or smaller bookshelf type speakers. What is your use for these HT or Music? I would pick the Rt7's. You did start a similar thread earlier. Keep us informed on what you choose.
    I now have the cs400,rt1000p,and the fx500 just wanted to at to the system front high or surrounds.

Thread Information