Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by decal View Post
    All my LPs are "prized" to me.
    I was waiting for that response... Heck, I almost said that myself...
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (0)

This is a beautiful sounding record from 1962. Made for tubes... hell it was probably made on tubes

Name:  schereazade.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  427.5 KB
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    I was waiting for that response... Heck, I almost said that myself...

Can't argue ... vinyl is sure sweet.
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Member Sales Rating: (12)

The Beatles MoFi box collection, and of course the first four from Led Zep...

I also have Garth Brooks first 5 lp's on vinyl.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Two copies of Bob Marley & The Wailers LIVE Pittsburg 9-23-80. Recorded live at his last concert performance.

The guy who sold me my Magnepan MG-Is threw in about 200 records and I found these in amongst them. They are in Near Mint condition.

The only thing that makes them priceless is that you cannot find one on the fleabay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130309_007.jpg‎
Views:	33
Size:	521.1 KB
ID:	87894   Click image for larger version

Name:	9371828943_37fffd088b_b.jpg‎
Views:	34
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	87901  
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie

That must be a soundboard bootleg. The sound quality must be pretty good. I saw Marley in 1978 in Milwaukee and it was truly a remarkable show. He used to actually do early and late shows sometimes back then. I always thought the Babylon By Bus album was quite representative of his live shows. Would like to hear this album, though, and to think it was his last show. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    That must be a soundboard bootleg. The sound quality must be pretty good. I saw Marley in 1978 in Milwaukee and it was truly a remarkable show. He used to actually do early and late shows sometimes back then. I always thought the Babylon By Bus album was quite representative of his live shows. Would like to hear this album, though, and to think it was his last show. Nice.
    Actually, according the markings on the album and the cover, it was released by Rita Marley Music and pressed by TuffGong Records in 1992.

This website says that there were only 20,000 copies pressed.

http://www.bobmarley-foundation.com/t34.html

It seem kind of odd that I'd end up with two out of 20,000 in near mint condition.

I did a google reverse image search of the album cover and there are no other images of the album cover on the interweb.

anyways - you won't see any for sale on ebay and you won't see it listed on discogs.
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie

Love mine too guys....in case ya haven't figured it out yet!! Been into vinyl since I was a kid and stood in line three hours to get a copy of Meet The Beatles....that I still have!

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Msabot1 View Post
    stood in line three hours to get a copy of Meet The Beatles....that I still have!
    Very cool!!
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey081057 View Post
    I have a Street Survivors with the flames
    I have a sealed copy of this, also, but from what I understand it isn't worth as much as one would think.
    Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
    group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
    -Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    -Unknown

My DVD Collection

My buddy the collector told me today that he just sold a sealed copy of Sticky Fingers for $200.

Love this thread....Yesterday and Today Butcher Cover in very good condition....Blind Faith..Little Girl Cover...Garcia Album uncovered ....Pink Floyd. A Nice Pair..uncovered ...bought all these new at various times in my life and I'm not letting any of em go! Have that Street Survivors one too,like the music rather than the novelty.Have others...will look then post.

Member Sales Rating: (55)

Quote Originally Posted by jgido759 View Post
    I have a sealed copy of this, also, but from what I understand it isn't worth as much as one would think.
    That is correct, and I'll take the novelty over the music.

Not too long ago I gave a friend a signed by the whole band Harry James "St. James Infirmary" on the Sheffield Labs label. It was worth a whole lot more that way than in selling mode I figure.

I have a pristine "Whitney Houston" autographed by "a" Whitney Houston. If anybody can get her to speak up and confirm that is THE Whitney Houston, I would be very much amazed and indebted.

I had a signed Steve Miller something or other that left here cheap also. No verification, no $.
    Last edited by George Grand; 07-29-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Quote Originally Posted by Msabot1 View Post
    Love this thread....Yesterday and Today Butcher Cover in very good condition....Blind Faith..Little Girl Cover...Garcia Album uncovered ....Pink Floyd. A Nice Pair..uncovered ...bought all these new at various times in my life and I'm not letting any of em go! Have that Street Survivors one too,like the music rather than the novelty.Have others...will look then post.
    Blind Faith is one of those albums that has very different sound quality depending on which pressing you have. I did my homework on that one and got the UK Polydor gatefold (the original/controversial cover). Sound is great. The US version sounded like ass, and the 180g reissue is horrible.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

N....Blind Faith..Polydor Lable Little girl exposed holding a silver jet...always sounded good to me..haven't heard the others to compare. Also have a copy of Love It To Death that has Alice Coopers finger poking thru his cape...someone told me they changed that one too

Maybe US Polydor sounds good as well, I forget what the other label is that released it but it was really bad.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Have a CD by The Strokes...This Is It...gal bent over slapping her tush..someone told me that was changed too! This is somewhat recent....not when the censor nazis where going crazy!! Anyone have a copy of the Scorpions Lovedrive? That caused a stink with the censors too I think!

One more reflection on that Beatles Yesterday And Today...when I first brought it home,Mom was so discusted with it that she almost made me throw it out.Made me keep it in a paper grocery bag...probably why it stayed so clean!

My best piece is an original UK pressing of Talk Talk's Laughing Stock. (Such a great record.)

Maybe my second favorite Zep from 1971 I am sure it can be debated but this is one of the top 5 Classic Rock albums of all time and #1 by many.

Name:  ZOSA.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  473.1 KB

I've got mint Japanese pressings of the whole Zep catalog

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    I've got mint Japanese pressings of the whole Zep catalog
    I have every original pressing of all studio albums except in thru the out door... I will find 1.. all of mine are in great shape...IMHO LZ greatest rock and roll band ever.. kids today still listen to LZ

Today's Treasure:

Maybe not really a treasure, but it sounds phono ominal

I love Deutsche Grammophon

Name:  planets.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  422.7 KB

Somebody say something about In Through The Out Door?

Name:  2013 In Through The Out Door Wed Jul 31 7082.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  249.2 KB

Somebody say something about In Through The Out Door?

Attachment 88093
    Need one

I will go flea marketeering this weekend

When I was looking for my vinyl copy of In Through The Out Door, I uncovered a crate of long-lost albums under a pile of sh*t, including pretty much all the originals of all the King Crimsons, Emerson Lake & Palmers, Genesis, Peter Gabriels, Jefferson Airplanes, Eagles, James Gang, Kinks, Tangerine Dream, Renaissance, Humble Pie and a bunch of other good stuff. Even some albums from the very late 80's and early 90's when vinyl was going bye bye for awhile. Even a Sonic Youth album. I love it when that kind of thing happens. Even found an European import Hendrix I forgot I had.

Hey Mikey, I found an extra In Through The Out Door in my "found" crate. Its not in great shape, though. Paper cover is pretty beat up and there's a few scratches on the vinyl.

Hey Mikey, I found an extra In Through The Out Door in my "found" crate. Its not in great shape, though. Paper cover is pretty beat up and there's a few scratches on the vinyl.
    Your "A" copy looks sweet.... I am determined to find a NM copy to match the rest of my LZ collection, and I thank you for your consideration...I am sure I will find one soon at a good price...

Listening to LZ III right now, getting my daily dose... LZ on vinyl to me is as good as it gets

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZEPIII.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	493.1 KB
ID:	88133

Click image for larger version

Name:	jimmy-page-zoso.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	88134

Member Sales Rating: (55)

When I was looking for my vinyl copy of In Through The Out Door, I uncovered a crate of long-lost albums under a pile of sh*t, including pretty much all the originals of all the King Crimsons, Emerson Lake & Palmers, Genesis, Peter Gabriels, Jefferson Airplanes, Eagles, James Gang, Kinks, Tangerine Dream, Renaissance, Humble Pie and a bunch of other good stuff. Even some albums from the very late 80's and early 90's when vinyl was going bye bye for awhile. Even a Sonic Youth album. I love it when that kind of thing happens. Even found an European import Hendrix I forgot I had.
    Damn good thing you bought doubles of a lot of that stuff from me before you found that crate huh? No backsies.

George, I did find a double of Warren Zevon's Excitable Boy I bought from you, but not any others I can think of. But then with it I found a vinyl of Zevon's Transverse City from 1989, which I don't remember ever seeing before anywhere. Having thought about it, I think these albums were included in three crates of albums I bought with a turntable from a friend who was moving to Colorado in the early to middle 90's and didn't want to haul the stuff across country. Whatever. I always enjoy buying vinyl from you for several reasons, and its a kick to find long lost vinyl even if it makes you realize you need to clean your frickin house.

Thread Information