Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TSx Line

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Default TSx Line

I am surprised at how little (if any) discussion of the new TSx line I've seen here. I think they look far better than the Monitor or TSi lines, and in particular the 500t looks intriguing to me. I have a hunch this series will be very popular with "budget" speaker shoppers. Has anyone heard or purchased any of the series yet?

Anyhow, by looks alone I have to say well done Polk!!

Attachment 87872
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Haven't heard them but I agree they look very nice!

I think it looks like they put cheap drivers in a nice cabinet.

Maybe I should order a set to see.... Just depends if the price will be worth the trial.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

I was looking at these to replace my RTi-8's. Looks like I would get more mid to lower end out of of them.
    Family Room:
    Sony KDL-52WL140, STR DA5700ES, DVP-NS3100ES BDP-S480
    Main: Polk RTi8
    Center: Polk CSi5
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk RC80i
    Sub: HSU VTF2-MK3

Bed Room
    Sony KDF-E42A10, STR-DA2100ES, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk RTi4
    Center: Polk CSi3
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Quote Originally Posted by mrloren View Post
    I was looking at these to replace my RTi-8's. Looks like I would get more mid to lower end out of of them.
    I wonder how the compare to rti10 or rtia7? I would be afraid to step down a notch in the product line. If it were me, I'd call polk customer service and see what Kim has to say about it. He's been spot on regarding all the polk speakers I've purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    I am surprised at how little (if any) discussion of the new TSx line I've seen here.

Anyhow, by looks alone I have to say well done Polk!!

Attachment 87872
    I haven't heard any feedback on this line yet either! I agree, very nice looking speaker. To me, it looks like the Monitor line and RTiA line got in bed, and this what came of it.
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by plainoledave View Post
    I wonder how the compare to rti10 or rtia7? I would be afraid to step down a notch in the product line. If it were me, I'd call polk customer service and see what Kim has to say about it. He's been spot on regarding all the polk speakers I've purchased.
    Good call. I've always liked my M-70s more than Rti-8s but would say that the A7s and A9s are the step up. From the looks of it this new TSX TOTL has a little more weight (3 lbs) mostly due to a WIDER cabinet to accommodate the 8" woofers and a 4 hz lower end at 36hz instead of 40hz for the M-70s. That would be a difference you can hear. I believe both the Rti-8 and the M-70 share the 40 hz bottom?

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

I picked up my RTi-8's about 6 years ago from Fry's @ $149usd each. I love the speakers for most of what I listen to. For movies and most music they are great but when I play my 80's rock they lack the lower mid bass seems to be a little week. I was going to try to find some RTi-10 or A7's on sale now I can add these to the lookout for list.
    Family Room:
    Sony KDL-52WL140, STR DA5700ES, DVP-NS3100ES BDP-S480
    Main: Polk RTi8
    Center: Polk CSi5
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk RC80i
    Sub: HSU VTF2-MK3

Bed Room
    Sony KDF-E42A10, STR-DA2100ES, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk RTi4
    Center: Polk CSi3
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

I saw them at Best Buy, but they weren't hooked up so I was not able to listen to them. They do look nice though. The cabinet look just the RTiA line with the curb sides.

However, I wouldn't consider buying these if I had the RTi12 / 10 or RTiA9 / 7.

from the polk site.. the price range is below RTi lines.. i guess RTi is still on the upper league and the better speakers..
    TV LG 47 LM7600 - receiver Denon 2311 - front Polk RTiA9 - center Polk CSi5 - surround Sony SS-D305
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/syst...?userid=218361

Saw them at Fry's without giving them a listen. The cabinet seems like it has the stiffness and look of RTI A7/A9 towers but with a rough surface. That is, the surface of the RTI cabinet is smooth, but the TSX cabinet has veneer that you can really feel.

With their price point being identical to the A7s, I don't know why I would choose them over A7s. Maybe the TSX are truly "musical" speakers even moreso than their Monitor / TSI predecessors? In which case, I would definitely choose them over the RTI line. Tunes take priority over film special effects all day any day.
    Denon AVR 3312CI
    Monitor 70s 30s CS2
    PSW110

I heard the TSX line at CES this year, was throughly unimpressed. While it's apples to oranges if not a true A/B demo, IMHO they are several rungs below the RTi Series, and honestly didn't sound to my ear as good as the old RT series. They sounded like they were designed to 'sound loud' rather than sound good. I prefer my RT800i's over the TSX line. For the money I'd buy Wharfedale they did impress me, and build quality is several steps above. Or save money for a little longer and go for the RTiA line.

Disclaimer: I've not heard everything in the any line of speakers, Never heard the monitor series, this was only my impressions based on 20 min of listening at CES.
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Up
    LSi9 LSiC - RX-V3000

RT5000p Waiting in the Wings...

I'm still amazed that real user reviews on the 550Ts are no where to be found.

I came close to picking a pair up at the 50% off sale but decided to go with the tried and true A7s.

Quote Originally Posted by plainoledave View Post
    I think it looks like they put cheap drivers in a nice cabinet.
    They sound like it too. And the cabinet looks cheap up close. I though some of the monitor series looked nice because it wasn't cheap wood veneer.
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Up
    LSi9 LSiC - RX-V3000

RT5000p Waiting in the Wings...

this speaker looks good with the grill on. take it off and it looks cheap with the shiny dust caps. but with 2 8" woofers, a sub may not needed. I am wonder how much bass can you get out of this compare to higher models with smaller woofers.

Sound quality wise, I have no complaints about the Monitors I currently have. The other day I could hear a clearly audible difference between a CD and a 320kb/s file, which gave me the impression that I must therefore have speakers which provide a faithful representation of the music they're playing. After all, isn't the difference between the two theoretically inaudible? Of course these speakers are not audiophile nor anywhere near it, but that wasn't my intention when I bought them in the first place.

The TSx to me appear to be Monitors with a nicer cabinet, better crossovers, and a couple of 8" woofers for rock fans like me to who need bass but would rather not use a sub. If they're also just as efficiently powered as the Monitors, then I'm prepared to call them a great deal. Haven't heard them, though.
    Denon AVR 3312CI
    Monitor 70s 30s CS2
    PSW110

Thread Information