Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (55)

The way I see it, he's about a Category 2 and strengthening. This just might be good.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

I heard it was an alien abduction that Mark reversed. I think he finally had enough fun and let them go.

Greetings Mark.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KRC-HR Class A Pre w/ Reference Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Where's my 20 bucks?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Good to see Mark back. Now WHO is going to spill the "beans"? I remember making a comment to Polk a while back. No response then. None now. Do we have to attend P-fest to get a security clearance for this?

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (0)

This alone makes PF 13 a trip!

Holly crap Doro's back, thats crazy why you have not posted for so long and I am sure everyone including myself has missed you being absent from the forum

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Russ is probably out for good last time I spoke to him. No car pics since I totaled it in January but lived. 27k worth of damage so the insurance company was like uhhhhh here's a check. It was fine, no one else hurt aside from my pride and some neurological quirks but that was always a problem right? or wait, is that mental quirks? Hmmmm

Capitol Audiofest is no longer loved by Polk and who knows what the direction is anymore. PF is still solid as far as I know but even if they(Polk) don't lift a finger, it will happen and ppl will still attend for sure. I'm looking forward to it.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

... a belated howdy, sir!
    Sounds like you've had a memorable stretch (even if not necessarily in a good way).
    all the best,
    mrh

Alive ? Here ?.......your sense of humor hasn't changed a bit Mark.

Nice to see ya post every now and then. Glad to see your ok too after the wreck.....well....you were never "ok" in that sense of the word anyway.

Glad you're back.

I still remember your sage advice when I was even more of a newbie than I am now.

Please keep us informed, learning and smiling!

Cheers!

Family Room
    PS Audio PW MKII DAC, PW Transport; AQ Vodka IC
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

WOW GLAD to see you here again we miss you bro.......got to get to one of these Polk Fest to watch all the shenanigans

Member Sales Rating: (47)

where have you been?

Welcome back--- will you be judging the "projectile puking" contest this year @ PF?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Holy chit! Heee's baaack. Good to see you Mark.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    No car pics since I totaled it in January but lived. 27k worth of damage so the insurance company was like uhhhhh here's a check.
    Oh man, please tell me it wasn't that beautiful truck I rode in last!
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    Russ is probably out for good last time I spoke to him. No car pics since I totaled it in January but lived. 27k worth of damage so the insurance company was like uhhhhh here's a check. It was fine, no one else hurt aside from my pride and some neurological quirks but that was always a problem right? or wait, is that mental quirks? Hmmmm

Capitol Audiofest is no longer loved by Polk and who knows what the direction is anymore. PF is still solid as far as I know but even if they(Polk) don't lift a finger, it will happen and ppl will still attend for sure. I'm looking forward to it.

There was some disappointment down here that Polk was not showing at LSAF. While its not the biggest show, I think it did the company a lot of good in these parts. I saw many surprised faces when they heard what a Polk speaker was capable of. Russ made it to the show, so at least we got confirmation then that at least one of you still walked this earth.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    There was some disappointment down here that Polk was not showing at LSAF. While its not the biggest show, I think it did the company a lot of good in these parts. I saw many surprised faces when they heard what a Polk speaker was capable of. Russ made it to the show, so at least we got confirmation then that at least one of you still walked this earth.
    I would have to agree. Unlike the big shows which can cost anywhere from $1K-$5k or more per room, LSAF is probably the most cost effective audio show I have ever been too. Price of a regular room plus shipping and "The Russman". Hard to get a good demo since box stores are non existent or poor setups....

Glad your 27k accident did't f-up your since of humor or anyone else and glad your lingering in the darkness

Cheers
    Ron
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Im very sorry to hear of your wreck, I have had problems since a ditch and culvert pipe snuck up and got in front of my toyota pup a few years ago.

Stay on your docs, there are many tests and therapys if you need them, good luck.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Welcome back Mark! You've been missed!!
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (60)

The Prodigal Son returns! Welcome back!
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Member Sales Rating: (49)

If I'm reading between the lines correct, sounds like Polk is/has been going through some changes, and maybe not in what we might not find in a good way..

Glad your ok Mark..
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Thanks for the kind words and yeah its changing....not sure what to do but let's keep prodding and poking Jon, Kenneth, NAP(they rule and do care BTW) and I'll hit the heavies up for some action as well.

I don't work for Polk any longer so please send the warranty issues to the aforementioned but I'm not against starting fires and throwing verbal and somewhat tactful grenades. I can always come back as dorokusia or dorokalicious if you feel ducky.

Stay solid guys, it's weird but stay solid. Let's get a grip on it all and find out if we should find a new outlet.....how's that?

LSAF and CAF is a big deal to me personally and Polk should focus up or just say they don't care anymore.

Scotty - Back at ya and wish my head could hit everyones wishes and like minded events....sry, saw something shiny....distracted. Let's get this place back to where we thought it was.

-d
    Last edited by dorokusai; 07-30-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (55)

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    ... sounds like Polk is/has been going through some changes, and maybe not in what we might not find in a good way..
    Code book out and working as we speak.

Member Sales Rating: (47)

does this mean that there will be no Polk Polo's at the fest?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Quote Originally Posted by george daniel View Post
    does this mean that there will be no Polk Polo's at the fest?
    Polk Polo's.....WTF, Russman only gave us t-shirts
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

The only changes i've noticed is more of us have been posting pictures of "pie".

Stir the pot Mark!!!

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

That's the old Mark. Good to see him back. I kind of thought things were a foot at Polk and said so a long time ago on this site.

In any case, I wish more of the old timers would come around, and no, I don't include myself in that illustrious group because as far as I'm concerned five years on this site has barely gotten me past "newb" status. Some of you more recent Polkies should keep that in mind. There is a WEALTH of knowledge and experience available here, and unfortunately, a lot of it has gone "missing" of late!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    That's the old Mark. Good to see him back. I kind of thought things were a foot at Polk and said so a long time ago on this site.

In any case, I wish more of the old timers would come around, and no, I don't include myself in that illustrious group because as far as I'm concerned five years on this site has barely gotten me past "newb" status. Some of you more recent Polkies should keep that in mind. There is a WEALTH of knowledge and experience available here, and unfortunately, a lot of it has gone "missing" of late!

cnh

No better words could be said in this post..
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

True to the 9th degree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Are the possible changes such that those of us anticipating future needs ought to order, for example, RDO198s to have them in "inventory" for upgrades to TL?
    Family Room
    PS Audio PW MKII DAC, PW Transport; AQ Vodka IC
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Who or what is this "Mark" everyone speaks of?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Thread Information