Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Polk RTiA9

  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default Polk RTiA9

    hello friends..

    just got a brand new polk RTiA9 last weekend.. my receiver is denon 2311 and at first didn't plan to go RTi series and i thought TSi 300 would be enough... but the reviews in here and many other forums and the appeareance of RTiA9 was so tempting.. so RtiA9 it is...

    I also knew the fact that denon 2311 with 105 wpc won't be enough to bring RTiA9 full potential, good thing is has pre-outs for all channel and can add an amp later on (i'm not in the US, so my 2311 have pre-outs ) But anyway currently i'm very sattisfied on how the RTiA9's sound along with the CSi5..

    my upgrade route will be to add an amp and a subwoofer (dunno which way to go first). I think adding an amp would increase the 9's so that i won't need the subs yet.. (insights needed). and about the amps.. can you guys give me suggetions on which brand and type to go.. my first thought would be emotiva XPA-3.. but looks like they don't sell it in here so have to get some alternatives..

    but before the amp or the sub, my plan is to get the FXiA4 first and the 20 years old sony can go to retired..

    comments are welcome... and thanks..
    Last edited by box; 07-29-2013 at 04:25 AM.
    TV LG 47 LM7600 - receiver Denon 2311 - front Polk RTiA9 - center Polk CSi5 - surround Sony SS-D305
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/syst...?userid=218361

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Nothing like planning on TSI300's and ending up with RTi A9's.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    203

    Default

    That's awesome. Congrats. I wish I had gone with the RTi or RTiA line instead of the monitors series. Hoping to upgrade eventually!

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbooker82 View Post
    Nothing like planning on TSI300's and ending up with RTi A9's.
    .. easy friend... well i guess u have a point and partially true.. the jump quite doesn't make sense...

    but anyway your statement is partially true in my case since at first i didn't really planning for TSi 300. The very first plan was to get a HTiB like from s*ms*ng or L* with a price range around 500-700 USD

    but it all changed as i do more reading and found out about AV receiver... so the second plan was born, that was to get an AVR and to use my old speakers from the old sony tape deck (SS-D305) which has 6 ohm of impedance and would be sufficient for any AVR to handle... aside from that i also plan to keep an eye on the used market at my place to wait for some good floorstanding to pop up

    it all changes again when i heard about TSi 300.. a budget friendly floorstanding speakers from polk audio which has great reviews.. and that would be the third plan, and by that time i already own a denon 2311, a new but old stock receiver and that is why i can get it in a good price...

    but as i do more reading, i found the fact that for an HT system, the center speaker would carry around 60% of all the load of the sound... and that is why to get the best center speaker i can afford is a must.. in around that time i learned about RTi series and compare to other brands, the center speaker (CSiA6) of the RTi series looks better (in specification and price) and by that time also someone popped up at the used market and plan to sell his CSi5.. and as i read, CSi5 is the same speaker as CSiA6 but with the older cabinet and sound the same as CSiA6.. so welcome aboard for the CSi5.. by this point i have the denon, the CSi5 and still use my old sony as fronts...

    and like u all know, this hobby (on audio) tend to make us to always upgrade and get the best we could.. and since i already own a CSi5, to timbre match the center then i would need an RTi series.. then i began to search and set on RTiA5, a quite budget friendly floordtanding from RTi series.. and unfortunately (or u can say it was fortunate), when i go to the audio store for some audition/window shopping, they have an RTiA7 on display and willing to sell in a good price below the market price.. but since i don't have the budget yet i told them i would come back later... they have the RTiA9 also on display but i didn't ask the price since i already know in what price range they are.. and it was cleraly out of budget...

    well i keep my promise and come back again only to found out that they already sold their RTiA7 ... but the good news is.. they still have the RTiA9... standing strong and look intimidating... well i guess it was fate.. and since it was for display and it's an old stock.. after some bargaining.. they agree to sell it at a good price... although it came with a cost to me.. no FXiA4 yet... but it can wait for later... as long as i have the RTiA9..

    but these changing of plans has resulted that my receiver is not in the same class as the RTiA9 (middle vs flagship) and would not able to bring RTiA9's full potential.. although i believe it's quite sufficient... luckily it has pre-outs for all channel... so i can add an amp later on...

    well that was the story goes.. and RTiA9 certainly is an excellent speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by GFOviedo View Post
    That's awesome. Congrats. I wish I had gone with the RTi or RTiA line instead of the monitors series. Hoping to upgrade eventually!
    thanks mate.. we can start saving then
    Last edited by box; 07-29-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    TV LG 47 LM7600 - receiver Denon 2311 - front Polk RTiA9 - center Polk CSi5 - surround Sony SS-D305
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/syst...?userid=218361

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Welcome to the club and I'm sure you are going to enjoy your new speakers!
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Pictures would be nice.
    AVR: PIONEER SC-1522-K
    FRONT L/R: MONITOR 70 II
    CENTER: MONITOR 25C
    SURROUND L/R: JAMO S426
    SURROUND BACK L/R: ENERGRY EF-500
    SUBWOOFER: DUAL KLIPSCH RW-12D

    SERVER: UNRAID 15TB
    MEDIA PLAYERS: DUNE SMART SERIES D1
    HDTV: SAMSUNG PN50A650

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's not home, the N.W. will do for now
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbooker82 View Post
    Nothing like planning on TSI300's and ending up with RTi A9's.
    I know, right!?!?! Way to do it right the first time!

    Welcome aboard box.
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too


    Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva


    Cans
    Grado RS2i

    2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    I was just giving you a hard time. Nothing like jumping in head first.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Lots of chatter about A9's and Amps lately:

    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ended-for-A9-s
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

    RT5000p Waiting in the Wings...

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zane77 View Post
    Welcome to the club and I'm sure you are going to enjoy your new speakers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff4rfc View Post
    I know, right!?!?! Way to do it right the first time!
    Welcome aboard box.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbooker82 View Post
    I was just giving you a hard time. Nothing like jumping in head first.
    thanks for the welcome :).. the speaker cable for the surround has just arrived yesterday.. really enjoying the system now...

    Quote Originally Posted by GFOviedo View Post
    Pictures would be nice.
    rtia9s featuring master n commander..
    Name:  HT.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  111.7 KB


    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 24 View Post
    Lots of chatter about A9's and Amps lately:

    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ended-for-A9-s
    more reading is nice.. too bad many of the brands is not available in here... the store where i purchase the 9s doesn't even know emotiva
    TV LG 47 LM7600 - receiver Denon 2311 - front Polk RTiA9 - center Polk CSi5 - surround Sony SS-D305
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/syst...?userid=218361

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Most stores where you would buy Polks are fairly clueless. They'll tell you they sound amazing on 80wpc just to sell a receiver. In my experience they are anemic on '140wpc' from an AVR, adequate with 135 actual wpc from a Parasound, and really start to open up with 200wpc from a Parasound. My current Parasound HCA-2003a seems more than adequate with 220wpc, it is plenty to keep them pumping and puts out more than enough sound than I use on a regular basis.

    Hopefully soon I'll find out how they do with 350wpc, not because I think they actually need it, just because I'm curious. :D
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

    RT5000p Waiting in the Wings...

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Emotiva is only sold online, none of their products are available in a store
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    3,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by box View Post
    thanks for the welcome :).. the speaker cable for the surround has just arrived yesterday.. really enjoying the system now...


    rtia9s featuring master n commander..
    Attachment 88009



    more reading is nice.. too bad many of the brands is not available in here... the store where i purchase the 9s doesn't even know emotiva
    Those speakers are really close together. They would shine quite a bit if you spread them out and got them away from the walls. That room is probably limiting their performance heavily. Not that it probably sounds good, but rather you can yield quite the improvement with placement.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

    Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

    Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 24 View Post
    Most stores where you would buy Polks are fairly clueless. They'll tell you they sound amazing on 80wpc just to sell a receiver. In my experience they are anemic on '140wpc' from an AVR, adequate with 135 actual wpc from a Parasound, and really start to open up with 200wpc from a Parasound. My current Parasound HCA-2003a seems more than adequate with 220wpc, it is plenty to keep them pumping and puts out more than enough sound than I use on a regular basis.

    Hopefully soon I'll find out how they do with 350wpc, not because I think they actually need it, just because I'm curious. :D
    spread the news friend.. but anyway 200 wpc would be the upgrade route for now...

    Quote Originally Posted by zane77 View Post
    Emotiva is only sold online, none of their products are available in a store
    thanks for the info, have to cross out emotiva from the list then since i have the info the price will be 2-3 times to here plus the shipping cost

    Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    Those speakers are really close together. They would shine quite a bit if you spread them out and got them away from the walls. That room is probably limiting their performance heavily. Not that it probably sounds good, but rather you can yield quite the improvement with placement.
    yes thanks for the advice, i thought about it as well but i can't move the table next to right speaker since it's the wife territory.. i also couldn't move it forward to stay away from the wall for now.. so have to live with what i got.. will wait until we can enlarge the room maybe sometime next year...
    TV LG 47 LM7600 - receiver Denon 2311 - front Polk RTiA9 - center Polk CSi5 - surround Sony SS-D305
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/syst...?userid=218361

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,228

    Default

    That's what we call putting the cart before the horse.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    695

    Default

    HA!

    I was initially guilty of that too...may have even started a thread like this one. Oh how we learn...or just fall into the rabbit hole...there was a time I thought I'd never buy a HCA-3500, too much money, don't need it, so on and so on....suddenly one day I'm like Meh, why not.
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

    RT5000p Waiting in the Wings...

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    and the upgrade begins on new place to put those great speakers....
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5 - Sub SUB-1200
    2Ch system: MC2105, C-26, AR-XA, MR-80, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Frankly I'm flabbergasted to see your AVR operating with so little breathing room. Mine would shut down within a few minutes if it were squeezed into such a confined area. Congrats regardless.
    Denon AVR 3312CI
    Monitor 70s 30s CS2
    PSW110

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sponger View Post
    Frankly I'm flabbergasted to see your AVR operating with so little breathing room. Mine would shut down within a few minutes if it were squeezed into such a confined area. Congrats regardless.
    Class D amps run super cool. My SC-1522-k get look-warm whenever I play music really loud for hours. My Onkyo would get so hot I could fry eggs on it.

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFOviedo View Post
    Class D amps run super cool. My SC-1522-k get look-warm whenever I play music really loud for hours. My Onkyo would get so hot I could fry eggs on it.
    Your Onkyo probably had a few inches of breathing room above it. He's got his in a cubby hole. That's his choice, but I merely wanted to express my shock over the arrangement.
    Denon AVR 3312CI
    Monitor 70s 30s CS2
    PSW110

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Gotcha!

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pearland Texas 77584
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    where is here???????

    my first thought would be emotiva XPA-3.. but looks like they don't sell it in here so have to get some alternatives..

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Anyone else think those A9s are a too close together?
    AVR: PIONEER SC-1522-K
    FRONT L/R: MONITOR 70 II
    CENTER: MONITOR 25C
    SURROUND L/R: JAMO S426
    SURROUND BACK L/R: ENERGRY EF-500
    SUBWOOFER: DUAL KLIPSCH RW-12D

    SERVER: UNRAID 15TB
    MEDIA PLAYERS: DUNE SMART SERIES D1
    HDTV: SAMSUNG PN50A650

  24. #24

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    6,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFOviedo View Post
    Anyone else think those A9s are a too close together?
    Indeed they are.

  25. #25

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's not home, the N.W. will do for now
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFOviedo View Post
    Anyone else think those A9s are a too close together?
    This was mentioned earlier in the thread...................

    Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    Those speakers are really close together. They would shine quite a bit if you spread them out and got them away from the walls. That room is probably limiting their performance heavily. Not that it probably sounds good, but rather you can yield quite the improvement with placement.
    Quote Originally Posted by box View Post
    yes thanks for the advice, i thought about it as well but i can't move the table next to right speaker since it's the wife territory.. i also couldn't move it forward to stay away from the wall for now.. so have to live with what i got.. will wait until we can enlarge the room maybe sometime next year...
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too


    Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva


    Cans
    Grado RS2i

    2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

  26. #26

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFOviedo View Post
    Anyone else think those A9s are a too close together?
    From experience i can tell you that your goal is for the center of the subs on the speakers to be at minimum 2 feet from the rear wall. More is desirable. The recommended starting position is to have the separation between fronts form a equilateral triangle with the sweet spot of your listening position. The sweet spot being at apex of the triangle. THX specs (if this matters to you) is figured out at i think 10 - 12 feet distance to the front speakers as i recall.

    I have my A9 fronts about 10 feet apart at the moment. So 10 feet from the sweet spot as well.

    Just a heads up, A9's really do dig very deep. A9's set at 40hz on cross overs, and UNPLUGGED, my powered sub on stereo MUSIC, hardly even kicks in. Most of the work is done by the A9's. And they sound killer :) Oh and there are some very notable exceptions to this.
    Fronts: Polk RTiA9
    Center: Polk CSiA4
    Sides: Polk F/XiA6
    Rears: Polk RtiA3
    Sub:Polk DSWPRO 660wi

    extras: 2x JBL Monitor 4206

    AVR: Onkyo TX-NR818
    Amp: ADCOM GFA-555
    Power Conditioner: Belkin PureAV Home Theater Power Console pf60
    Roku, ChromeCast (on the way)

  27. #27

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    3,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFOviedo View Post
    Anyone else think those A9s are a too close together?
    I already mentioned that, and they are too close to the back wall. His room doesn't facilitate moving them around so that's pretty much it.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

    Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

    Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

  28. #28

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I dont mean to hijack this thread, but I don't have enough posts to PM. Zane, would you mind PM'ing me about how the FXi and Rti's hold up to the emotiva's 200 watts. I am adding/swapping in the same speakers and have an xpr2, xpa3 and adding an xpa-200 with Rti A9's Csi A6 and FXi A6 sides and Rti A3 rears.

  29. #29

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    17,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfmcintosh View Post
    I dont mean to hijack this thread, but I don't have enough posts to PM. Zane, would you mind PM'ing me about how the FXi and Rti's hold up to the emotiva's 200 watts. I am adding/swapping in the same speakers and have an xpr2, xpa3 and adding an xpa-200 with Rti A9's Csi A6 and FXi A6 sides and Rti A3 rears.
    What do you mean by "how they hold up" ?

  30. #30

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sponger View Post
    Frankly I'm flabbergasted to see your AVR operating with so little breathing room. Mine would shut down within a few minutes if it were squeezed into such a confined area. Congrats regardless.
    will check it out after running for few hours.. don't have issues on the receiver up till now.. thanks for the suggestion..

    Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    where is here???????

    my first thought would be emotiva XPA-3.. but looks like they don't sell it in here so have to get some alternatives..
    since emotiva only sell their product through online so have to find other alternatives... but anyway amp is for next year upgrade along with (i hope) the room upgrade .. first is to get surrounds to replace my old sony

    Quote Originally Posted by GFOviedo View Post
    Anyone else think those A9s are a too close together?
    i think so too :D.. room enlargement is on the upgrade route ;) (not because of the A9s though, but surely the A9s will take nice advantage from it)

    Quote Originally Posted by CinderLyon View Post
    From experience i can tell you that your goal is for the center of the subs on the speakers to be at minimum 2 feet from the rear wall. More is desirable. The recommended starting position is to have the separation between fronts form a equilateral triangle with the sweet spot of your listening position. The sweet spot being at apex of the triangle. THX specs (if this matters to you) is figured out at i think 10 - 12 feet distance to the front speakers as i recall.

    I have my A9 fronts about 10 feet apart at the moment. So 10 feet from the sweet spot as well.

    Just a heads up, A9's really do dig very deep. A9's set at 40hz on cross overs, and UNPLUGGED, my powered sub on stereo MUSIC, hardly even kicks in. Most of the work is done by the A9's. And they sound killer :) Oh and there are some very notable exceptions to this.
    nice suggestions.. that's why i think that an amp would be a better upgrade since it will increase the overall performance compare to if i get a sub (debatable i know, well i'll get the sub also eventually.. just to make priorities on which to go first)

    all in all.. thanks for the suggestions... surely valuable for getting a better system..
    TV LG 47 LM7600 - receiver Denon 2311 - front Polk RTiA9 - center Polk CSi5 - surround Sony SS-D305
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/syst...?userid=218361

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help polk rtia9
    By Ericw2431 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 08:04 AM
  2. Polk RtiA9's vs Vandersteen 3a
    By cienega in forum Speakers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 06:11 PM
  3. polk rtia9 ohms
    By selkec in forum Speakers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 12:48 PM
  4. Wanted Polk Rtia9's
    By bklynNupe in forum Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 01:01 AM
  5. Polk vs. B&W -RTiA9 vs. B&W 683
    By danlarson in forum Speakers
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts