Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Default Going to see O.A.R. tonight

Wife and I have been on a concert kick this summer. We are celebrating 15 years of marriage. Have 2 kids and after some reflecting decided that we needed to spend some more time with each other and get back to doing things we have always enjoyed. We took up backpacking and will go on a 3 day, 2 night trip to Shenandoah Valley. We always used to like going to shows before kids so we bought a bunch of concert tickets this summer. This will mark our 5th or 6th show (Matchbox Twenty, Counting Crows, Train, The Lumineers and a couple smaller shows of bands that nobody has heard of) of the summer with a couple more to come. Looking forward to this one tonight as we have always liked OAR and they are a local band from right around where we grew up and now live.

Its funny how you can get caught in a rut of just living day to day waking up, going to work, coming home routine and really not appreciate the time you have together. We have been so fortunate to have our health, our families, wonderful kids, and each other. Perspective is something I lacked for awhile and its fun to reconnect and engage with my wife, my kids and friends instead of always sweating the small stuff. These concerts have been a great outlet for us to get away for a few hours, spend time with each other and participate in good, clean fun.

Anyways, probably more than anyone wants to hear but just felt compelled.
    Last edited by shawn474; 08-01-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

That's awesome to hear. We just celebrated our 4 yr wedding anniversary, and with moving twice, two kids and busy schedules, we are starting to feel the same way. Good to see you getting back to what made you fall in love.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Thread Information