Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Band

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Drumminman, those are really cool photos. The after show photos remind me of a local rockfest in 1970. The papers had photos like those that show all the trash the "hippies" left behind. The propoganda mileage from those photos went on and on. The promoters took off, they had purchased the land for the rockfest on a land contract, which they simply abandoned, and the county got stuck with the clean-up cost. Fueled the anti-hippy-counterculture fire for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    I heard a story about Garth Hudson's parents not approving of him being in The Band. He had told them he was giving music lessons to the mates and that is why he was always around them. He was probably one of the most versatile musicians in the band.
    I heard that too. I also heard he was classically trained and his parents didn't want him hanging around a bunch of hippie rock 'n roll musicians
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Drumminman, those are really cool photos. The after show photos remind me of a local rockfest in 1970. The papers had photos like those that show all the trash the "hippies" left behind. The propoganda mileage from those photos went on and on. The promoters took off, they had purchased the land for the rockfest on a land contract, which they simply abandoned, and the county got stuck with the clean-up cost. Fueled the anti-hippy-counterculture fire for a long time.
    Of course we had a deluge for a while, and everybody got soaked, the ground turned muddy etc. As we were walking back to our car we passed a couple f##ing in the mud, oblivious to the crowd passing by them.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Thread Information