Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Default Happy Birthday Buddy Guy

Happy 77th Birthday to Buddy Guy!!

Attachment 88014
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Nice! And many more!

Saw him a few months ago at a tiny venue here in Connecticut. He can still play his ass off. Outstanding show. If anyone has the opportunity to see, do not let it pass you by, you never know how much longer the old timers can keep the show on the road.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Also, it's pretty cool that he had a new CD come out today on this birthday...

I'm getting ready to give it a listen right now...

Attachment 88019

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I was just looking at a new double LP of his at a record store over the lunch hour. As Mick Jagger says, Buddy M#therf*&$er Guy". Happy Birthday. I can't believe he's 77. Nspindel is correct, don't pass up the opportunity to see him live.

Rick, we're on the same wave length, your post beat me by 1 minute.

Quote Originally Posted by dromunds View Post
    Rick, we're on the same wave length, your post beat me by 1 minute.

Rick, let me know how it is. I had a twenty dollar bill at the record store and it was between that Buddy album and Guy Clark Jr.'s first album, couldn't get both and I went with RCJ because it was an audiophile pressing. Didn't know it was Buddy's birthday at the time.

Rick, let me know how it is. I had a twenty dollar bill at the record store and it was between that Buddy album and Guy Clark Jr.'s first album, couldn't get both and I went with RCJ because it was an audiophile pressing. Didn't know it was Buddy's birthday at the time.
    I'm only on the 2nd song of the 1st disc, and I am LOVING it!! I wasn't aware it was available on vinyl, but I picked up the CD set for only $11.99 at BB...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    I'm only on the 2nd song of the 1st disc, and I am LOVING it!! I wasn't aware it was available on vinyl, but I picked up the CD set for only $11.99 at BB...
    I'm not the best when it comes to technical reviews, but I think it sounds very very good!! I think it's easily the best new music I've heard so far this year...

Here are what few reviews there are so far on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Rhythm-Blues-B...owViewpoints=1

I see by the reviews that Guy Clark Jr. plays on the Buddy Guy album, could've got both after all. I didn't notice at the time he was on there. I saw Aerosmith and some others also played on it. Gonna have to pick that one up.

I see by the reviews that Guy Clark Jr. plays on the Buddy Guy album, could've got both after all. I didn't notice at the time he was on there. I saw Aerosmith and some others also played on it. Gonna have to pick that one up.
    I'm on disc #2 and it's nearly finished. This is some GREAT music, and I recommend it very highly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post
    I'm on disc #2 and it's nearly finished. This is some GREAT music, and I recommend it very highly!!
    The guests are: Kid Rock, Keith Urban, Beth Hart, Steven Tyler/Joe Perry/Brad Whitford, and Gary Clark Jr...

Many happy returns...geeze two famous artists having birthdays one after another...cool!

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Buddy's the man! Happy Birthday!

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Recently saw him on Jimmy Fallon, and he sounded as good as ever!

Thread Information